Tv Cable Transmitter

aq_rules

Joined Oct 28, 2009
I m having my cellphone with built-in TV ...the problem m getting is tht i can only watch 3 local channels....and when i touch my cell's antenna to the coax cable (which i plug out from my television)i get more than 90 channels on my cell's TV...

Now i want such a transmitter having range of 100metres or 500meters (whatever is possible) through which i can watch all those channels on my cellphone...

Found some audio/video transmitters but they're of no use because i want to connect the coax cable in my circuit while they're having RCA connection...

(I have a verizon mi424wr Rev.C Router which has a coax jack ....i dun noe it is for tv transmittion or ethernet transmittion)

Plz Help

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Oh jeeeze... then you need to get a license to retransmit your TV channels and a power full transmitter to go with it.
Oh may be you can open up a TV station while you are at it... :D

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
What you are asking is something like having an audio amplifier with the microphone and speaker next to each other - you would get the radio equivalent of lots of unpleasant noise and likely jam all other TVs in the area...

You may get away with a very low gain amp, just enough to make up for the cable losses. Something like a dual outlet signal booster, with the TV on one outlet and a set-top antenna on the other.

You should get a significantly better signal near that antenna.

If you get any visual bars or patterning on the TV, the gain is too high and it is oscillating.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Or, you need to stop watching TV on your cellphone. ;)

You would be better served if you could amplify the cell phones antenna. Even a button cell battery to power an antenna booster (If you didnt mind a little extra bulk on the cell phone.)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Or, you need to stop watching TV on your cellphone.
how is this possible?
You simply turn off the cellphone. :)

kidding.

I am no professional on antenna boosting design, but I have had some experience with the task.

Can you buy an external, add-on, screw-in, antenna on the phone? If so, a better antenna will give you more gain right off the bat. I have done this with wifi systems. It is easy enough. Hopefully someone here has some info on building a small antenna booster.