Turning a programmable IC into an U6050

DagF

Joined May 23, 2012
Hey

I'm trying to help my uncle. He is working on some sort of controller that needs a TFC U6050 IC to work.

As this is an utdated IC we have had a hard time finding them so we have decided to get a kit from Batronix and program an programmable IC so it works like the U6050.

First of all this is really my first time working with IC's(i have done some micro controllers some time ago) so I'm not sure of what to do here really.

I have been googling for some time now trying to find the info i need to get this working, but i relised i have no idea what the program would look like. I saw that you can import .bin files with the done program, but i havent been able to find this anywhere eighter.

If there are better ways of doing this? or if someone know where i could get IC. Or infact any information that could help me buy/make/?? an U6050 IC i would be really grateful.

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this, but I diden't know where to put it if not here.

Thanks for your time, any help is appreciated :)
A confused Norwegian
-Dag

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010

DagF

Joined May 23, 2012
Thank you for your reply Allen :)

We are not in controll of the reciving part.
We need the IC to remake a test controller for the gear we need this for.

This is for some sort of camera carrier(water pipes inspection gear) that we are fixing and would like to be able to controll before it's shiped back.
The gear is expensive, the components outdated and there are none that can fix it, but us.

I don't think understanding how the IC works will be any problem, my uncle can see why they used the IC as a sender(He really know how electronics works). So I'm much sure he have had a good look at replacements and other ways of doing this.

If i would go on and try to program a PIC16F628a. How would i precede?
I would also like to learn this as I find this interesting in general and i have nothing agains a programming challenge :)

Thanks again for your reply :)
I will ask if we could use the Ic's you suggested, but i think we will have to program it.

-Dag