TSOP48 microprocessor

kja00

Joined Oct 14, 2009
Hello

I am doing a project where i want to connect a microprocessor to my DVD player. The goal is to turn on the DVD player, eject tray etc. without using the remote control, but by programming the microprocessor to do so. I have taken the DVD player apart and located the IR reciever [ TSOP4836ZC1 - datasheet http://www.vishay.com/doc?82090 ]. I want to connect a wire from the microprocessor to pin 1 [OUT] on the IR reciver and create the same signal as if you press a button on the remote control, but this seems to be quit troublesome.

I have connected ground from my oscilloscope to pin 2 [GND] on the IR reciver and the probe is connected to pin 1 [OUT], when i do not press any buttons on the remote control pin 1 [OUT] is high +5V, if i press "Eject Tray" a square signal is generated. My problem is how can i get pin 1 [OUT] to drop to 0V to be able to generate the square signal with the microprocessor?

When i first go the idea to this project i thought that pin 1 [OUT] would be 0V when no buttons where pressed, because then it would be quite easy to genereate the signal with the micropressor.

I anyone has ideas, suggestions etc. to get me back on track i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Why cant you just logically invert the data going to the microprocessor port pin? Are you asking how to "Wire OR" the signal at pin 1 of the IR receiver with a port pin on the uP, so that either device could pull the data line low? That can be done with some simple diode logic.

How about connecting pin 1 of the IR receiver to an input pin on the uP, doing the "OR-ing" in software, and connecting the output pin of the uP to where the wire goes into the guts of the player?

Last edited:

kja00

Joined Oct 14, 2009
Thanks for your answer

Yes, what i want to get suggestions on is how to wire a port pin on the processor to the IR reciever so both the microprocessor and the IR reciever itself can pull the output pin on the IR reciver low, because then i will be able to generate the same signal on pin 1 of the IR reciver with the microprocessor as if i had pressed a button on the remote control.

But i have a hard time figuring out how i would be able influence pin 1 [out] on the IR reciver with something external, when i press a button on the remote control and pin 1 goes low some logic inside the epoxy package must be activated, but how can i accomplish this "from the outside"?

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
All it takes is three parts; a resistor and two small-signal diodes. Note that both the output from the IR receiver and from the uP port-pin are ACTIVE-LOW signals.

You might be interested in this, too.

Attachments

Last edited: