Trying to sub an IC Octal Latch driver

tester272001

Joined Aug 24, 2012
I have a curcuit with DP8311N (Octal latch driver) and was thinking to substitute it with TPIC6B273 - main difference is the 8311 is NPN collector and the 6272 is a MOSFET. They are similar ratings 30V and 50V 150ma current. What do you guys think? Suitable? DP8311N is obsolate and gettring hard to find. The pinout is different but I can work that out...

Attachments

Last edited:

tester272001

Joined Aug 24, 2012
OK I am new here, so maybe someone can tell me. Did I post on the wrong forum for this kind of question :confused: Or is it simply that no one here has a clue or opinion on this substitution? My intention is to use a couple DIP sockets and maybe a PCB in between to cross connect the necessary pins on this octal latch. the jpeg i attached just shows how I think I would connect the pins.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
The TPIC6B273 looks like a "better than" replacement: 50V/150mA vs 35V/100mA. Replacement clock looks edge triggered vs level, but uses the + edge so you may not notice.

Right forum, decent question, though knowing something about the load might help someone check for you.

But bad timing... we're not paid tech support and we only answer when we feel like it. Literally.

tester272001

Joined Aug 24, 2012
Ernie, Thanks for the feedback! Yeah I know this is all for free. I just figured that electronics enthusiasts might be a little more enthusiastic? :D Anyways, thanks for your opinion! It confirms my basic idea. I think I will give this a shot. The parts are cheap enough like $4 per octal latch.