Trying to remove a knob~ need help

anglwngss

Joined Jul 25, 2011
Hi all. I have a knob that has three tiny plastic things on the bottom side of the circuit board. Is there a way to remove this without breaking anything? I need to be able to get the knob off, to replace an LED, the reinstall the knob.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Look closely at the sides of the knob. Many of them have a small hole where a screw is inserted. If it has such a screw it can be a jewelers common or hex, and many knobs have two of them.

If it doesn't have a screw the top of the knob may be press fitted. That or the whole knob is press fitted. There are a lot of schemes used with these suckers.

What part of North Texas? I'm in Garland myself.

Welcome to AAC!

anglwngss

Joined Jul 25, 2011
There are two small indentures on opposite sides of the knob itself on top of the circuit board. I don't see any type of screw, here, though, just plastic.

When very closely inspected, the round pieces on the bottom actually look to be 2 pieces. Maybe as if one is acting as a lid? I've tried to carefully pry these apart with a tiny screwdriver, but all I'm doing is bending the plastic.

I'm just south of Mansfield. I think we are about an hour or so apart, depending on traffic.