trying to model a fuzzface

stirling

Joined Mar 11, 2010
Hi - There are many schematics on the web for a fuzzface guitar fuzzbox. I've attached one example. I've attempted to model one with LTSpice (attached) but don't seem to be getting any sort of useful/expected output. My input is close to "middle C" and I expected to get an approx square wave out but it's "not happenin' dude". Could it be because I don't have a model of an AC128 transistor or am I missing something else?

Thanks

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You have your battery (V1) polarity inverted. The circuit needs -9V.
Carl,
Take a look at the transistors. It's a very old schematic, from when PNP transistors were in vogue, and negative was customarily shown towards the top of the schematic.

I got started using PNP's mainly. I had a hard time changing over to the newer standard of using NPNs and having positive voltages on the upper part of the schematic.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Here, I threw an LTSpice simulation together myself.

I found a generic germanium spice model on the web somewhere (forget where offhand) and used it in the simulation.

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Whoops - yes, it does; I thought his attached simulation was the same as the image.

I missed putting a ground between my V1/V2; the output from my simulation then changes to something very similar to Stirlings' output with the correct polarity supply.

stirling

Joined Mar 11, 2010
Nice one guys. Thanks for your help. I will write 200 times - check once, check twice, then check again.

Thanks again.