Trying to find random flashing SMD Leds

critiera119

Joined Nov 21, 2008
I am trying to find random flashing surface mount LEDs - do they exist? 9volt or less would be great and 5mm x 2mm would be perfect - give or take a few mm is ok.

Last edited:

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Only random flashing LED I know of is the flickering candle, 5mm. Gives a random PWM signal from current limiting resistor. Sorry, not SM.

critiera119

Joined Nov 21, 2008
To clarify...There would be no external driver circuit to make the LEDs blink, the circuit is within the LED. I know there are through hole LEDs that have self contained blinking circuit, I'm looking for the SMD version.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
To clarify...There would be no external driver circuit to make the LEDs blink, the circuit is within the LED. I know there are through hole LEDs that have self contained blinking circuit, I'm looking for the SMD version.
You may be corrrect, but all the LED's with built-in flashing circuits that I have seen are not random; they blink at a very steady uniform rate.

critiera119

Joined Nov 21, 2008
You may be corrrect, but all the LED's with built-in flashing circuits that I have seen are not random; they blink at a very steady uniform rate.
Steady or random flashing, it really doesn't matter - just has to be surface mount. I don't think what I am looking for exists.