trying to find inputs for this audio processor chip

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
What I'm trying to do is add an auxiliary port to my car stereo.

I got the idea on how to do it from this page: http://donn.dyndns.org/projects/carstereoinput/

Basically it tells you to find the rightIN and leftIN on the audio processor and solder headphone cable there.

I removed my stereo from my accord 2000' and here's what it looks like:
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8166/img0357o.jpg
ctrl + mouse wheel to resize image

I think the audio processor is the on the bottom right corner with blue paint around it.

The chip si made by alpine and the model number is "51T95037W02"

I tried digging the internet with google but could not find a datasheet for that chip.

So i don't know where on the pcb board to solder the cable to.

Any ideas?

btw, i posted this at a car forum and if you care to read it go here: http://www.redliners.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=48690

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
You may or may not be able to do it depending on how integrated the preamp circuitry is.

Best place to start would be to find a factory service manual.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It could be done.
But in order to do tht I will need more closeups of the PCB.
Numbers of the Amp chip.

I might have to trace the PCB to find appropriate points for the line input

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
It could be done.
But in order to do tht I will need more closeups of the PCB.
Numbers of the Amp chip.

I might have to trace the PCB to find appropriate points for the line input
here's a 6 megapixel picture: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6646/cimg0127r.jpg

If you can't read the writing on any of the chips, let me know.

btw:
on the above pic, bottom right corner is a creamy colored bus. That is where the cassette deck goes into.
I tried hooking up the stereo to the car and tried touching the ends of headphone cable (while it was attatched to my phone playing a song, and tape was selected on the stereo) to the pins. I couldnt hear anything.

Is there a way to hack into that?? because there are twenty pins on that bus and the cassette deck transmits audio through one/some of those so technically it should be possible right?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
When taking pictures, flash glare shud be avoided. Other wise it is pretty useless.

What u are trying is possible. As I have done this almost every time. But for me to do it, I have to study the PCB and it's components. Since I don't have it, u have to provide me these things.

like, good close ups, from which I can make out the PCB traces.
I would need both sides.
And u have to dismantle it more than tht if u want anything to be done.

I need to know the Power amp IC no.s and it's PCB layout close ups

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I think the best approach is to get your mp3 player, add a series resistor say 10kohm with the output, clip the cable ground to the chassis, turn radio on and start poking the resistor around to find the right place(s) where the signal could be injected. If you can´t find anything, try 1000 ohm, then 100 ohm, I wouldn´t go less than that.

Or find datasheet for the vertical chip with white paste in the right top corner, find which pins are inputs and trace it from there.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I think the best approach is to get your mp3 player, add a series resistor say 10kohm with the output, clip the cable ground to the chassis, turn radio on and start poking the resistor around to find the right place(s) where the signal could be injected. If you can´t find anything, try 1000 ohm, then 100 ohm, I wouldn´t go less than that.

Or find datasheet for the vertical chip with white paste in the right top corner, find which pins are inputs and trace it from there.
U are not really helping kubeek.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It seems u have plenty of connections to this set.
Can u show me the back connector and the harness

Do u use anything else with ur stereo like a CD changer or something

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This is going to be rather difficult.
I will edit a picture and ask u, for the time being, tell me, do u wish to use the CD changer as well together with what ever tht u are going to add now.

And what else will be in use.

Or better yet, draw up a block diagram of all the components tht will be connected to the stereo.

I am trying to make the connection as simple as possible. So I need all the info properly

See the attached. Show me what connects to "?" Jack

Attachments

Last edited:

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
This is going to be rather difficult.
I will edit a picture and ask u, for the time being, tell me, do u wish to use the CD changer as well together with what ever tht u are going to add now.

And what else will be in use.

Or better yet, draw up a block diagram of all the components tht will be connected to the stereo.

I am trying to make the connection as simple as possible. So I need all the info properly

See the attached. Show me what connects to "?" Jack
I will use the aux port 99% of the time. However, radio would be a nice addition. I don't care about the cd changer.

So just the aux port and radio ---> stereo

the "?" is a cable from the car that goes into the stereo, here's a pic:
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/8315/img0361bg.jpg
i think this is what connects the stereo to the speakers

on the underside of the stereo, i found this interesting sticker:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/448/img0362hg.jpg

AFG34

Joined Oct 20, 2010
Then you should just need to connect your input to the GND, Lch+ and Rch+ pins and switch the radio to cd changer input. But it is also possible that the radio will try to communicate with the change via the BUS pins and make it impossible to switch to the changer.
The first part of what you wrote makes sense, but can you elaborate what you mean in the bolded text