Trying to figure this thing out. Can anybody tell what this hand built circuit does?

Mattyj6

Joined Jun 7, 2016
My fiances late grandfather was part of working on "rewinding" technology and worked for NASA. I recently received something he worked on. I have been trying to figure out what it is exactly. I have a good idea, but she misses him so much and it would be nice to have a solid answer. I appreciate any response. Thank you.Paul.JPG

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

Since this is very likely a prototype, pictures won't do. You need to post a schematic. If no schematic is available, you need to trace the circuit and create one. Once you've done that, Members will have something to work with.

Tracing the circuit will be a tedious process. Attention to detail will be very important.

If you have a good idea what it does, why are you withholding that information?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You have shown us a photo of an open box with a prototype circuit board with some integrated circuits (IC), a jumble of wires , two rotary switches, a BNC cable and a remote controller (which may have nothing to do with the project).

The photo is poorly lit and out of focus.

We can help you but you have to do your part.

Firstly, make sure you have a brighter light source. Shaded sunlight would be better than ordinary indoor lighting.
Secondly, try to use a better camera and use a tripod or at least hold the camera steady against a physical support.
Thirdly, make sure the photos are in focus and sharp before posting. Post the largest images possible.

1. Close the box and take photos of front and sides (where there might be some connectors).
2. Open the box and take photos of the different sections:
- rotary switches
- connectors on the side panel
- two circuit boards. Move the wires away from the ICs. We have to be able to read the part numbers on the ICs.

Is the remote controller part of the project?

Mattyj6

Joined Jun 7, 2016
Thank you so much. I will do my best to do my part. Thank you all for helping me out here. in the next few days I will try and get better pictures.