Trying to figure out if i can exceed Amps by a factor of 3.4A

jermyc

Joined Feb 24, 2016
I have a project that i am working on, i am new to electronics and i am committed to figuring this out. My problem is my diagram that i got created rated my fan motor at 12VDC 2Amps. Is it possible for me to buy a fan that is 12VDC with a current rating of 5.4Amps? The fan motor is powerd by a 12V 60 watt solar panel, would my problem be solved by simply getting a bigger solar panel that is rated with higher Volts or Watts?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
If you'll notice, the answers from #12 are completely useless. He did that on purpose.

Your questions have no meaning because we have no context. Do you *want* a larger fan? Is there a reason why it has to draw 5.4 A? What is the project? Can you post your diagram? The more you keep to yourself, the more you are wasting your time.

ak

jermyc

Joined Feb 24, 2016
heres the diagram... i have already changed the wind turbine to 24vdc and solar panel is current at 60 watts 12vdc. Battery is 12v

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
im sorry that is the wrong schematic, this is it.

What is the purpose of the fan? To spin the wind turbine? What is the capacity of the battery and what fraction of time is the fan running (again, what is the purpose of the fan?).

If the battery has enough charge and, although it consumes more power in a second than the solar panel can produce, if it consumes fewer watts on a given day than the solar panel can produce, the. It should be fine.

Just note, you have a "System" and your first post described a few parts. The presence of a battery and the possibility that the fan is not running 100% of the time changes everything. How about a description of the use of the system and specs of each part.

Last edited:

jermyc

Joined Feb 24, 2016
more energy storage based, but yes pretty much. I will not go into detail how it exactly works but that basically describes the process. So what do you think i should increase/change on the diagram to anwser my previous question?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
So what do you think i should increase/change on the diagram to anwser my previous question?
What you need to increase? You need to increase your understanding of the laws of thermodynamics - the 8th-grade level version should be sufficient. Additionally, you might want to increase your understanding of efficient power transfer (air from a fan to a wind turbine is not a good option).

I will not go into detail how it exactly works
I think you should share some detail behind this seemingly convoluted solution before we try to solve your solution. We would rather help solve your problem.

Last edited:

jermyc

Joined Feb 24, 2016
What you need to increase? You need to increase your understanding of the laws of thermodynamics - the 8th-grade level version should be sufficient. Additionally, you might want to increase your understanding of efficient power transfer (air from a fan to a wind turbine is not a good option).

I think you should share some detail behind this seemingly convoluted solution before we try to solve your solution. We would rather help solve your problem.

I understand Thermodynamics..... I know energy cannot be created nor destroyed only moved. I have done the power Calculation and Efficiency of my system. i have calculated net power and power used.

What i want increase, is my amps. I believe i anwsered my own question, i need to increase volts. Thanks anyway.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Why do you guys here always try to hold back over unity? What energy company are you working for? I saw it on the net, so I know it will work. jermyc, you might want to consider using a light bulb over your solar panel to get even more power.

:)

Last edited:

jermyc

Joined Feb 24, 2016
I came on this forum for help and only got bashed, by people who dont have vision, or a sense of creativity. Anything is possible, it just goes to show you dumb fucks will not be the 1 to create something special. PEACE:rolleyes: