Trying to design an audio circuit with a carbon single button microphone so that I can output the audio into a PC

endersteve0331

Joined Apr 22, 2021
Circuit Diagram 1.PNG
So I recently purchased a 285W western electric transmitter as I'm trying to more or less make a microphone that can plug into a computer which uses a carbon button microphone from the early 20th century. I have little education in circuit design, though I know enough to know I probably made some mistakes. What I'm trying to do with the circuit is power the transmitter and process the audio signal a little and then take the audio signal and input it into a computer using a TRRS wire fed into a 3.5mm aux to USB converter. This is my first attempt ever at designing a proper circuit (besides those from my high school microelectronic fundamental days), so any constructive criticism, suggestions, and clarifying questions would be appreciated. I only have the faintest inkling of what I'm doing, so please be gentle. I want to make the circuit function while being as simple as possible to keep the costs down and allow me to wrap my head around it.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
View attachment 236347
So I recently purchased a 285W western electric transmitter as I'm trying to more or less make a microphone that can plug into a computer which uses a carbon button microphone from the early 20th century. I have little education in circuit design, though I know enough to know I probably made some mistakes. What I'm trying to do with the circuit is power the transmitter and process the audio signal a little and then take the audio signal and input it into a computer using a TRRS wire fed into a 3.5mm aux to USB converter. This is my first attempt ever at designing a proper circuit (besides those from my high school microelectronic fundamental days), so any constructive criticism, suggestions, and clarifying questions would be appreciated. I only have the faintest inkling of what I'm doing, so please be gentle. I want to make the circuit function while being as simple as possible to keep the costs down and allow me to wrap my head around it.
You’ve labeled your transformer “Capacitor”.