trying to build a multichannel rs232 volt ohm meter

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Contact him to get the code. After you have the code, you can make an order for the PICs from microchip.com. They have a service where you upload the code to them(..It may be the hex file..but he will send both..) and they will program the chips and mail them to you.

As for packaging: True.. You can make these things small as all get out.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You can use your voltmeter as an ohmmeter, -- kind of-- you would measure the voltage before and after the item you wanted the measurement of. The voltage drop can be equated into the resistance(ohms) This is where the programming skills would come in handy. You could edit the display software to do the math for you and display the result in Ohms.

dicedaniels

Joined Feb 15, 2010
that would be easy enough with the multiple inputs. place one before and one after, then do the math.

i have an auto copy/paste program a friend sent me for online gaming. its for setting your games up on autopilot. never did get into that stuff, but i do still have the program. maybe i can fool around with it and a calculator program and set the refresh rate super high. it also uses hot keys. so i guess it could be useful.

realy the voltages are the most important part of diagnosing a running engine. its actualy kind of hard to ohm a hot circuit on anything though.

actualy having that option could proove realy useful when diagnosing temperature and pressure sensors. so thanks for the extra brain cell. ill keep it in mind. it would be interesting to have an accurate resistance reading of an actual working component to compair to the specs.