Trip-Switch testing circuit …


Joined May 9, 2009
Since you say 30mA are you talking about a RCD (residual current device) or GFCI (ground fault current interrupter)? 15mA to 30mA is the typical differential current for one of those devices.

Note that asking the circuit for an actual circuit breaker is a bad question, because most do not contain circuitry. They work thermally, wire heats up if you put current through it so you can set up a thermal trip. These are effective, safe and cheap to make. A few might be electronic, but these are rare.

If you are looking for a current limiting circuit you need to specify if you want the circuit to trip, or to reduce the voltage to compensate.