Treadmill troubleshooting

Honey Buster

Joined Feb 1, 2012
hi there
i have been reading and reading in that cite for hours now finding some answers for my questions
I am working for a company where we sells non professional treadmills
as problems and troubles we get with main boards are commonly in few categories
1st
one or few of the semiconductors IGBTs burns probably caused by to high current running thru them caused for some reason likely heavier steps wrong speed or torque settings or just expire there live ;) in 70% of the cases we can fix that by replacing them with the same IGBT or a better on that can hold a bigger current (original 50A= new 70A)

2nd that can happen is that little UC coated mini board buster to fail and what I can see is that more of the times there is only a single elemnt burn out as it shows a black dot somewhere unfortunately we can not fix this as well
the new ones are coming with ready chips some of them are replaceable but some of them no
the replaceable we can replace with some shortcircued board we cant fix but we know that the chip is in a good condition

and the 3th one is the most easiest way if some diod or resistor just burn out and we can replaced

so I was looking for some additional information but what i see is that most of the troubles caused the motor to not spin i already knew
so guys firs of all check the 3 legs diods or semiconductors first of all and then go for the more difficult tasks

sorry for my English :p
hope you get the point