treadmill speed control.

john_d

Joined Jul 14, 2014
I hope i can explain this properly. got an old treadmill that was never used. the three speed control wires from the panel accidentally were pulled from the control board. i know that each wire/connection controls speed but i dont know which wire hooks to each connector. can i hook them up anyway and figure it out by how the motor runs speedwise or will i mess up the circuit board?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You could damage something by wiring them up randomly. Is there no wiring diagram or other indication about how to connect the wires? Are the wires color coded?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
If that is the older type that had a potentiometer control it may be fairly easy to distinguish the 3 connections, can you post a pic or at least any model of the T.M. or the board itself?
Max.

john_d

Joined Jul 14, 2014
thanks guys, will add some pics today, the wires are color coded orange gray and blue, the
panel has a slider with a strip and not a pot. i suppose each wire corresponds to a speed level on the slider but i dont know how the connections on the board correspond. they are in a row together on the board but i dont know which is for each color wire. when i get time i'll send pics. thanks again.