treadmill motor controller problems

jeb_man

Joined Jan 13, 2012
i have a problem with my treadmill running full speed without the safety key inserted. here are a some pics of the motor controller. any advice? thanks ahead for any help.

Attachments

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
We need more inforramtion about this, like inputs/outputs on the PCB.

Better photos unless you have a circuit diagram or try to follow the PCB tracks and draw a circuit diagram of the power circuit (not small electronic components and ICs).

I can see a diode in front of the MOSFET with its right lead corroted.

jeb_man

Joined Jan 13, 2012
The function of the safety key is to shut-off the machine if you acidently fall while walking or running on it. You clip one end to your waist and the other end is inserted into the machine. This pic shows where the key is inserted.

Attachments

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
There ain't a problem if it does not work without the safety key.
Original Post said:
i have a problem with my treadmill running full speed without the safety key inserted.
:)

Please post high resolution, clear/well focused pictures of the board (both sides)? Avoid flash bounce, outside on a cloudy day is best.

Click on the paperclip in advanced editor to add as an attachment to your post, no hosting needed.

Max .JPG size is 300kB, and it may take a few minutes to have the attachment moderated if you have under 10 posts.

The images are critical so that we can determine if there are problems with the board.

If you don't have a camera, use a flatbed scanner to get the images if possible.

Download Irfanview (freeware) which will allow you to "Save For Web" with the R|0T plugin and specify JPG size to be 300kB, it does a good job of keeping the high resolution while getting good compression.

New to the forum, but I have tore apart a treadmill to rob the motor & controller. On the one I tore into there was a simple microswitch at the back of the key slot that completed the circuit to the controller. IIRC, it interrupted the the signal from the speed control pot. Hope this might help.