Treadmill motor controller MC-2100 LTS-30 blinks 5 times. Did PWM spec change or the controller is bad?

ymg200

Joined Oct 2, 2015
I have a treadmill with failed MC-2100WAM Rev-37376 controller - the status LED won't come up. I checked components on the board, but can't find the failure. So I got a controller from a newer treadmill, MC-2100 LTS-30, and I tried running my treadmill with it. The status LED on LTS-30 board is solid (which is good), but once I give it some speed it starts blinking 5 times. The LED is back to solid once I stop the speed. I looked up online, it says that 5 blinks means that the controller cannot resolve PWM signal from the console. My question is: Did they change PWM spec in newer treadmills, that is why LTS-30 doesn't recognize the PWM from my older console, or LTS-30 board is faulty? If they did not change PWM specs, what elements on LTS-30 board are likely to cause this fault?
Thank you.

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
You would need to obtain or put together a 20Hz PWM generator to plug into the HD2 socket to test whether the frequency is at fault or not.

ymg200

Joined Oct 2, 2015
You would need to obtain or put together a 20Hz PWM generator to plug into the HD2 socket to test whether the frequency is at fault or not.
Thank you, Max. I do have some experience with Arduino and I found some projects online with Arduino driving MC-2100. Will try that.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Check the opto isolator diode resistor on that mode (HD2 pin 4) , the ones I am familiar with all have a very low value and a second one needs to be added on the PWM signal input.