traying to understand

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
i am doing electronics engg. i have trying to learn circuit design when i draw schematic i have know idea to how to calculate

can someone tell me,
how can i design circuit ?

how can analyzed circuit?

can u tell me name of the books which is helpful for me..

"what i do personally to design,analysis circuit"

thanks...................

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Thing is, it is something you have to teach yourself. We can't do your reading for you, you have to crack the books and read for yourself. We can answer specific questions about specific problems, but we will not do your work for you, you must do that for yourself, especially if you are to learn.

Start with a project, What are the projects specs?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That is a very broad question.

I would recommend this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Electroni...0957/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322739044&sr=8-1

It provides very good information on the principles of eletronic devices and circuits, as well as very well-written documentation based on practical examples.

It's rather old, but the basics of electronics hasn't changed fundamentally since the invention of the tube amplifier.
Nothing wrong with the Art of Electronics, but you did notice the text book we host on top of this page?

While still a work in progress, it is something this site is known for.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
i am doing electronics engg. i have trying to learn circuit design when i draw schematic i have know idea to how to calculate

can someone tell me,
how can i design circuit ?

how can analyzed circuit?

can u tell me name of the books which is helpful for me..

"what i do personally to design,analysis circuit"

thanks...................
I think it may also be very helpful for you to try to improve your level of English, unless you plan to study Electronics mainly in your own language.

Much widely available published material, and many of the discussion sites on the Internet (like this one) are available in English only.

Depending on what your own language happens to be, this may more or less critical, but a good command of English is always helpful.

It is a bad idea to communicate with forums like this in "text speak", leaving out capitals and other punctuation, apart from anything else this is no way to improve your grasp of a foreign language.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Didn't most of us learn electronics in school, college and university? Then we learned more by working at an electrinics job?

The OP says he is "Doing Electronics Engineering". Without a teacher and without a text book?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
As well he might be, with a teacher and a text book. We have a lot of folks from India come here to try to improve their education.

Even if the OP is a hobbiest, he is still welcome here. It is what AAC does.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
A good helper is also a circuit simulator. If you have problems with a circuit or a circuit calculation. You can in most cases simulate it. And then check if your calculus/theory are correct. Many in here use LT Spice. This is as free circuit simulator that will cover your needs in your education.

colinb

Joined Jun 15, 2011
Didn't most of us learn electronics in school, college and university? Then we learned more by working at an electrinics job?
I don't know about you, but even though I studied electronics in university, 99% of my learning did not take place there, nor on the job. Rather, I have to be dedicated, self-motivated, and above all curious—that is how I learn. After learning on my own, then I am able to apply it on the job.

Yeah, I studied electronics in university, but the course material itself taught me little. I have always found that most learning is achieved of my own initiative and on my own time with books, internet resources, thinking, and tinkering. I was also fortunate enough to have a generous mentor when I was age 11 or 12, who helped me when I was getting started in electronics.

There must be many other self-taught people who do electronic design. Are you out there?

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
my target is only how build supply

if i know i/p=230ac o/p =12v dc
i/p current=56amp and o/p current =5amp dc load 30 ohms

but how can i chose rating of component

transformer- power rating

max. voltage/current of transformer ?

min. voltage/current of transformer ?

diode-power rating

-max./min voltage rating of diode ?

-max/min current rating of diode ?

capacitor-power rating

max/min voltage of capacitor ?

max/min capacitance of capacitor ?

power supply-efficiency ?

yet no body has define clearly and exact plz guide and explain with suitable example

colinb

Joined Jun 15, 2011
vead,

Have you started reading the All About Circuits e-book? Start with Volume I “DC”.

If you feel as thought nobody is clearly answering your question, it may be that you need to ask specific questions.

Please describe your specific goal. That is, what is the circuit you are designing? Then we can discuss circuit design and advise you on what types of calculations and equations you need to consider in choosing component values.

The AAC e-book contains many important equations, such as those relating voltage, current, and resistance, time constants for resistor-capacitor (RC) circuits, etc.

colinb

Joined Jun 15, 2011
Great, now you have asked some specific questions!

These resources should provide some quick answers to some of your questions (you ask a lot of good questions, and maybe some of them will take more consideration):

Read these pages and you will find most of your questions answered. There are equations that help you calculate, for instance, smoothing capacitor value based on max current and max allowed voltage ripple, etc.

If you still have questions after looking at these pages that cover the linear ac-dc power supply basics, then please ask! :)

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Now I decided to be a medical doctor and learn on my own about surgery on a foreign website's forum in a foreign language. Or maybe I will learn about being a lawyer or an Indian chief.

colinb

Joined Jun 15, 2011
Now I decided to be a medical doctor and learn on my own about surgery on a foreign website's forum in a foreign language. Or maybe I will learn about being a lawyer or an Indian chief.
Well, your new fields are different from electronics because it's a bit harder to practice surgery, law, or chiefship than electronics. In mathematics, science, and engineering you can ask questions, propose and test solutions, build things, dissect things, modify things, and do real projects on your own.

Certainly you should have resources from which to draw (and in a language you are proficient in...), but I say that science and engineering can be learned more readily outside a traditional formal educational institution.

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
my target is only how build supply

if i know i/p=230ac o/p =12v dc
i/p current=56amp and o/p current =5amp dc load 30 ohms

...yet no body has define clearly and exact plz guide and explain with suitable example
Nobody could answer this question in its present form, as the requirements do not line up with each other.

If the input is 230V at 56A, the power going into the system is almost 13kW, but the output power is apparently 12V*5A = 60W.

On the other hand, you say that the load is 30Ω: at 12V this would draw 0.4A, not 5A.

Last edited: