Traxmaker Help!

Shellyt

Joined Dec 10, 2010
Hello,
My company uses a fairly old program to do PCB layout. My problem first started when I generated a pick and place file and sent it to an assembler and they said that the measurements were wrong. So then I dug in a little and found out that when traxmaker generates a pick and place file it uses the absolute origin. You can move the origin but the pick and place file generation still uses the programs absolute origin. Which is (0,0) of the work space. So I'm trying to move the already finish PCB to that corner and the program won't let me put it all the way on 0,0. It says that if I do that it will be out of the workspace area. Anyone know if there is a way to select the bottom left corner of the PCB and to tell traxmaker to put it on 0,0?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I have never used traxmaker, but you may want to check and see if the board file can be imported into another program. KiCad or Eagle.. Then use the PnP files from that.

tyblu

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Someone may have made a script to do this, if that program was ever widely used and the problem common. If you're familiar with Python it may be cheaper just to write a script to update the PnP files to whatever origin you want, than to muck around for another day trying to get the borders to (0,0).