Transmitter/Receiver project

axt111

Joined Jul 24, 2013
Hi all, I am new to this board and have a project I would like to get some direction on. I am not an electrical engineer but am pretty handy. I will describe what I would like to do and maybe some of you can give incite. I would like to control 3 different color LED's with a wireless 3 button transmitter at a distance not to exceed 750 meters. The receiver needs to be small as possible, and would be great if I could have one channel (green) solid on, one channel blink slowly (yellow), and one channel blink fast (Red) The LED's can be very close together but I would like them to be green,yellow, and red. This would have to be DC power using batteries of some sort. The Transmitter should be fairly small as well. I'm probably asking a lot for both the transmitter and receiver to be very small, and travel 750 meters, but that's why Im here! I appreciate any help!

Thanks! Dave

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Well the flashing LEDs are the easy part. Wireless over 750m is more challenging.

Do you want independent control over the 3 LEDs, or is it like a stoplight where only one will be lit at a time?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
And will you choose between them randomly or will they sequence in a predictable patter, again, like a stoplight?

I'm thinking about hobby RC as a likely solution. You may need as little as one channel, if there is such a thing. Is your 750m line-of-sight, or does that include obstructions like building and trees?