Transformer loss calculation in flyback with off the shelf components

jlawley1969

Joined Feb 22, 2021
Hi, So I am looking to calculate losses in my flyback circuit and I have everything down to an acceptable level but I am having a massive issue with the transformer losses. I am using a 760871113 and a TNY290 (so CCM 132kHz) and literally the only thing I can calculate is the DC resistive losses. I contacted Wurth Electronics for more information and they said "no :)" the REDexpert is boarderline useless due to it not have the TNY or the 760871113 in any combination.

If I were to use the power in verses power out thing what voltage would I use for the primary because there is the voltage in the winding, the voltage across the winding and the voltage out of the winding.

I have asked a superior to design a transformer because I have limited knowledge of designing one and while they agreed they are dragging their feet and I do not like sitting around.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
If I were to use the power in verses power out thing what voltage would I use for the primary because there is the voltage in the winding, the voltage across the winding and the voltage out of the winding.
Measure the DC current and voltage earlier in the circuit, either going into or out of the smoothing capacitor.