Transformer Id

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
If you aren't seeking another as a replacement, then you should be measuring the values for yourself. You can hook the primary up to your 120vac, then use an ac voltmeter to measure the outputs. You then can find the current at that voltage that the transformer can supply by observing the 220W rating.

Steve

arthur92710

Joined Jun 25, 2007
It seems slightly risky plugging that thing in! With my experiences with AC voltage this might end up fatal! There are 2 unconnected wires(in pic 1 the red one is touching the fuse and the black one on at the top of the photo) But I will try it as soon as I reattach the prong wire.(Used to make an extension cord)

scubasteve_911

Joined Dec 27, 2007
Just be safe with it, solder the connections, electrical tape it well, don't place it around anything flammable, and ensure that the fuse/breaker will trip in an event of overcurrent. Before you do this, you should measure for a resistance in the wire. If there is zero resistance, then don't bother plugging it in.

Steve

mrmeval

Joined Jun 30, 2006
On the transformer connected to a circuit, draw out the circuit to see what they're doing. It looks like you have AC in and the output is one single winding and then one center tapped one. You'd have to use a multimeter to see.

The other one even with the incredibly huge picture doesn't show what wires are on it. The part number might get you some information from the manufacture Japanese Victor Corp is JVC btw.