Traffic light control with 8051 uC

janne

Joined Mar 16, 2008
Hello!

I have the same assignment. For me, this is a part of a school project and we need to do it in C, now, I do not want any posted code, I was just curious if anybode had previous knowledge of this kind of problem in C and maybe could warn me about common mistakes or even point me to any helpful resource?

Regards,
Janne

Colin Mac

Joined Mar 11, 2008
Like with any programming problem, start by getting a pen and paper and draw a flow chart of what you think the program should do from start to finish.

janne

Joined Mar 16, 2008
Like with any programming problem, start by getting a pen and paper and draw a flow chart of what you think the program should do from start to finish.
Well thank you for that input, will definitely help me get going.

Tacking a post onto an existing thread is not good manners. I have moved this to it's own thread.

The project referred to is here - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=8555.
I did not start a new thread because it would be superfluous.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The moderators of this board beg to differ. Our rule is to always start a new thread. We refer to attaching a new inquiry to an existing thread as hijacking, no matter how similar the topic.

janne

Joined Mar 16, 2008
The moderators of this board beg to differ. Our rule is to always start a new thread. We refer to attaching a new inquiry to an existing thread as hijacking, no matter how similar the topic.
I am new to this forum. I asked ONE question and you asked me to draw a flow chart and pretty much get (expletive deleted) out of here. Good luck to you! :)

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Beenthere meant no disrespect. He was simply making the same request of you that he would have made of any other member to this forum that intentionally or unintentionally dropped a post in the middle of an active thread.

The AAC forum moderators have a responsibility to manage the flow of each existing thread and to maintain the thread on-topic.

Granted your post was on the same topic but each member is encouraged to start their own thread so that their request for assistance/information can be discussed in the context of the issues peculiar to their situation.

We are here to assist all comers and we hope you have not written off the forum as a place to seek assistance in the future.

hgmjr