Tortuga festival on fort lauderdale beach

Tortuga festival sat & sun. 11:00 to 9:00

i may interview on the beach, anyone in town
Loose...many years ago I was with my Dad at Ft. Lauder...and there was a festival going on at the shore strip....this was back in the 70's...and I don't know if you remember this but as my Dad and I were in the water...2 Roague Waves hit the beach...practically drowning everyone on the beach and then the ocean water crossed the road and wasted the bars and shops as well as where the ground level goes down right behind the ocean front row of buildings...the water flooded the next street over and more.

My Dad is Ex-Military and I am..."CIVILIAN"....and we were and still are extremely strong swimmers. When the first wave was seen by my Dad he yelled to me....move towards it as quick as you can!!!

This wave was MASSIVE...not only high but it's thickness was unreal. I have been to Hawaii and am used to such wave size but if you know Ft. Lauder....the coast ocean floor is all sharp coral smashed up and many people who were unable to either ride above these two waves or dive through them...which was impossible due to their thickness and strength...these people were SHREADED BLOODY!!

Both myself and my Dad got over the first one...but were HAMMERED by the second wave but nowhere as near as bad for the people close to shore.

We spent at least 2 hours helping people either by Mouth to Mouth...or looking for children...not too many kids though...and one old man had a heart attack and as both my Dad and I are Medically Trained...I was young and my training was from my Dad at the time...we got the man out of the water...as he was floating face down for I don't know how long before my Dad spotted him...and my Dad gave him the at the time Chest Punch Technique and mouth to mouth...as he was full of water and his heart either stopped or was very weak as we could not feel a pulse.

Split Infinity

Or perhaps...Portuguese..?

O Melhao, Melhao...que ve de a tua...O Melhao, Melhao...que ve de a tua.

Comerer bi bi oter ring ting ting passer na rua!

Split Infinity

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Loose...many years ago I was with my Dad at Ft. Lauder...and there was a festival going on at the shore strip....this was back in the 70's...and I don't know if you remember this but as my Dad and I were in the water...2 Roague Waves hit the beach...practically drowning everyone on the beach and then the ocean water crossed the road and wasted the bars and shops as well as where the ground level goes down right behind the ocean front row of buildings...the water flooded the next street over and more.

My Dad is Ex-Military and I am..."CIVILIAN"....and we were and still are extremely strong swimmers. When the first wave was seen by my Dad he yelled to me....move towards it as quick as you can!!!

This wave was MASSIVE...not only high but it's thickness was unreal. I have been to Hawaii and am used to such wave size but if you know Ft. Lauder....the coast ocean floor is all sharp coral smashed up and many people who were unable to either ride above these two waves or dive through them...which was impossible due to their thickness and strength...these people were SHREADED BLOODY!!

Both myself and my Dad got over the first one...but were HAMMERED by the second wave but nowhere as near as bad for the people close to shore.

We spent at least 2 hours helping people either by Mouth to Mouth...or looking for children...not too many kids though...and one old man had a heart attack and as both my Dad and I are Medically Trained...I was young and my training was from my Dad at the time...we got the man out of the water...as he was floating face down for I don't know how long before my Dad spotted him...and my Dad gave him the at the time Chest Punch Technique and mouth to mouth...as he was full of water and his heart either stopped or was very weak as we could not feel a pulse.

Split Infinity
In FL we learn to duck dive on your first swimming lessen along with don't fight the rip tide, just let it carry you out of it. Really though thats freak in FL. For true waves all the surfers worship the hurricane god and pray for those, then as soon as a caine comes they all call off work for a week.

Ask shortbus , you like to quote him about me.
Loose...just let me say...I hope you take my posts in the manner they are being written and that is in good humor or in the form of a debate.

I know I can seem to come across as arrogant and I am quite sure many here are having some issues about many of the things, places, people and events that I either know about, been there, done that or have a JOB doing...but even though I neither care or expect people here to believe what I post...I will ask that they at the very least be polite or humerous in how they reply to me.

I don't mind if you don't believe me...and if someone want's to post...I don't believe you...Hey...that's fine with me...but I find it disturbing when some will get all hot and bothered to the point of hostility and then reply in a poisonous manner that one read...really seems to make them look like a person so angry about either their job, schooling, social life or their reality in general...that reading ANYTHING that would be in their minds as unobtainable...is grounds for an outburst that goes beyond just saying...Oh...your full of it or I don't believe it.

I am a lucky person but I have worked very hard to obtain such luck and although hard work will not give one a 100% probability of having a lucky and blessed life...it doesn't hurt. Some people can work unbelievably hard all their life and never come close to many things I take for granted.

Thing is...I also know alot of very wealthy people who would trade all their money and fortune for just ONE SINGLE MOMENT of having and living in the Happy and Blissfull manner millions do every day...and these millions don't have money or sports cars or giant homes...but they do have Family and Friends that LOVE them.

And of all the things I own or experiences I have or the wealth I have aquired....NOTHING is more valuable than my Happiness and the Love that I get and Give.

THAT is my true fortune.

Split Infinity

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I AM ON SHORTBUSES BUMPKIN LIST, ALL IN HUMOR...SORRY YOU DON't know

Me BETTER.....A GOOD DEBATE ..I. HAVE PROTECT MYSELF FROM THE

GUYS WITH TRUTH AND THE WORLDS GREATEST PICTURE..SO

THINGS ARE GOOD.

In FL we learn to duck dive on your first swimming lessen along with don't fight the rip tide, just let it carry you out of it. Really though thats freak in FL. For true waves all the surfers worship the hurricane god and pray for those, then as soon as a caine comes they all call off work for a week.
My Girl and I look for Rip Tides to shoot us out if we are diving from shore.

Split Infinity

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009

THINGS ARE GOOD.
There there Loosewire, postings like that may quickly get you on Santa Claus bumpkin list to. And I am also quite sure Shortbus meant to say pumpkin list and not bumpkin list:p

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009

THINGS ARE GOOD.
Loosie, told you a long time ago, I treat you like one of my brothers. Always took your posts as joking so I joke back. Sorry if you take it as anything else.
If I have a problem with someone I'm not shy about telling them, in person on the phone or even online.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Shortbus ,we are good ....never been anything else...you see....all in good

humor.....Infin don't know about..(you don't touch the Loosewire)

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
This week we have the air and sea show on Fort Lauderdale beach,all the roads

closed again ,its best to ride your bike. The only problem ,you leave it for 30

seconds and your bike is gone for ever. Its hard to enjoy your self hanging on

to a bike. For $10.00 bucks I can park all day and walk. That what I do when I go to

the Elbo Room. I need to do some more reporting from the beach.