Topic ideas: need a racial argument as my topic for 6-8 page paper. Im having trouble finding one

Joined Nov 30, 2010
The locals who boarded the train along the way, were none too happy about being shoulder to shoulder, with a round eyed occidental.
I know 2 people who spent a year in Japan and they said nothing to me about bad manners. The opposite seems true, they were enamored with the country.

As for me, I rely on a motto I made up in 1975: Every person I meet has an infinite number of possibilities until they open their mouth and start limiting themselves.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Having done a fair amount of travel in Asia and business with Asians, my opinion is that Japanese businessmen are very polite, but for the most part are very prejudiced against Americans. There are exceptions. Once in Shinjuku, I was stopped waiting to cross a busy intersection on foot, and was at the curb with no one in front of me. The light changed and I looked to the left (totally wrong) and started to cross. A Japanese man behind me grabbed me and jerked me back, just saving me from a speeding truck. Afterwards, I tried to thank him, but he was too busy apologizing for touching me without my permission to accept my gratitude.

How's this for a topic? "Everyone is prejudiced against some people. The only questions are who and why."

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
Be very even in your arguments, and do not come to any conclusions. It's a trap you can not win. Your professor should be skinned. In today's world, your paper could come back to haunt you the rest of your life. "PC" is a ghost, it can change with the wind.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
It's a trap you can not win.
I very much agree. Once upon a time I wrote a page for a friend who wanted his wife to participate more in social events and recreation activities with him. She found the paper during a back-stabbng search of his possessions and complained about every sentence in it. Every sentence, and the whole of the paper, were an honest description of how to encourage healthy choices without being manipulative. That doesn't matter to a person who has decided in advance that they are a victim. A person in that mindset can be victimized by someone observing that the sun rose this morning. They can even be victimized by the fact that the sun rose, even if you don't mention it! Mere participation makes you guilty.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I find the whole racism and politically correct movement to be total nonsense. Those how I have met who screamed the loudest about it were also the ones I found to be the most ignorant to outrightly stupid over their meanings, contexts, and applications in a normal conversation.

I got a permaban from a forum some years go for being 'Racist' when I pointed out that I thought that professional sports athletes were grossly overpaid.
Color, gender, age, religion or whatever. I don't care what they are but getting paid a half a million to 50 million plus dollars a year to chase a ball around is just stupid and says way too much about how our society can't prioritize its values. :(

To be honestI could put a paragraph here that talks about every person of any race, gender, belief system and or lifestyle and use no less than 10 words that are at the top of the PC /Racism naughty list and not one of them in context would be bad. Let me throw in contextual profanity words and I can make it 20! ;)

Anyone want me to get my extra pointy ignorance poking stick out? o_O

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
@OP. First of all. Does your professor really and I mean really dislike you?

What kind of a hell of an assignment is this?

If this was for the debate team I might understand but a paper...Throw in selective breeding for extra credit...

Last edited:

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Talk about eugenics coupled with gene modification to produce the perfect politician. Natural selection has not worked lately so why not give it a try. Unless you think one or both main candidates were raised in a test tube.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
A Japanese man behind me grabbed me and jerked me back, just saving me from a speeding truck.
Think nothing of it. I would jerk anybody out of stepping front of a truck (even if I don't like them). It's the right thing to do. Brownie points for the soul.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Talk about Tay, the Microsoft Twitter bot, :)

Seriously, don't write this essay. Whoever asking you to do it is setting up big time.she or he has seen you as this great leader of humanity in the future and is trying kill you as the greatest political leader of your time.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Besides, I have a gun and a backhoe and access to lots of hilly wooded land that never sees human feet. It's quiet, peaceful and above all friendly here and we make sure it stays that way.
I rather seriously doubt that. :rolleyes:
More than likely the professor is trying to teach their students think about how to differentiate between what is perceived bad and what actually is and not just follow the mass heard of stupid people who try and run our lives for us for their own personal amusement and gain.

Besides one college level paper on a quasi-questionable subject at any point in history is not going bring down a person's career. If anything the act of following through on it could very well be the defining point in that person's life where they take up the cause that defines them for their life. :cool:

I say not only write the paper! Write the hell out of it! :D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Think nothing of it. I would jerk anybody out of stepping front of a truck (even if I don't like them). It's the right thing to do. Brownie points for the soul.
You're a better person than me. If it was a stranger I knew nothing about I would pull them back but if it was someone I knew and had good reason to feel the world was better without. Meh. Accidents happen and if they were really bad I would do my best to make that push I gave them look like a fumbled pull even if it means I'm going to get clipped by the bus. :oops::eek: