Toggle switch help

droggie

Joined Oct 21, 2012
I am having difficulty finding the database sheet. the part name is SABB 1112B

its description says toggle switch 1PT2T 3A is this a universal code and how can I find out which is the input and output on the switch, as well as on and off?

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
ON and OFF all depends on how you use it.

1 POLE 2 THROW or SPDT(single pole double throw)

One moveable contact. You can make connections in 2 positions. ( 3 terminal)

2P2T or DPDT

Two moveable contacts and you can make connections in 2 positions. ( 6 terminal)

use an Ohm meter to find the center(moveable) contact terminal. You can keep one probe on it and make continuity with the other two terminals depending on the position of the toggle handle.

3A means it can handle 3 amps of current in normal operating mode. sending more through the switch will shorten the life of the contacts.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
The schematic shows a single pole single throw (SPST) switch.

It will have only two terminals. If your switch has three terminals then use one of the end terminals and the center one. If the on - off position needs to be reversed then move the wire from one end terminal to the other end terminal.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Why are there so many threads about this EXTREMELY simple circuit.
A photo of the switch was shown in one of the other threads.
It has 3 terminals but we do not know if it has a center-off position.

I betcha it will be wired to short the battery.:rolleyes:

eDIT: A switch does not have an input and it does not have an output. It also does not have a positive terminal and it does not have a negative terminal.

It is simply a switch. It is a piece of wire when it is turned on and it is nothing when it is turned off.

Attachments

Last edited: