To measure possible fluctuations in 50Hz AC to a load

Thread Starter


Joined Mar 14, 2009

Looking into using a 'hall effect' current sensor to measure current in a high voltage line(AC-50Hz -4000V-600mA). The line supplies a magnetron (MW generator) via a 'coupling connected' high voltage cap. My goal is not to 'know' the current but to notice possible voltage fluctuations (signs of iminant failure) accross the cap and display on PC. Was thinking of connecting sensor up to current to voltage amplifier then input to ADC card for laptop.

Any thoughts? is it possible to get a ratio type current sensor? i.e. divide by 10 current sensor.

would it be possible to detect volatage fluctions (errors...and not the expected sine) on the positive side of the cap?