TL494 IC Help

khushal1988

Joined Nov 12, 2010
hello , i am using the TL494 IC in my parametric speaker now the problem is that i designed a circuit on a software while shifting toner to pcb it is printed inverted so the problem is now that when i put the ic in my circuit the pin #1 comes at pin 16 , so i just wanna ask that can the ic work if pin number 1 ,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 are at 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9 will it be working same Help me out please .

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Take a piece of paper, and write 100 times:"I will use google before asking"
If you do that now, you will find this datasheet, where on page 1 you could see the pinout. I will leave the rest for you.

P.S. Also this and this might help you next time.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Forgetting to flip the image is something we all do - once. The way to give a clue is to have some print on the foil side (inverted from the top view), like the board function or your initials. If the print reads properly, the the foil is correct.

In theory and if you are very careful, you may be able to use a pair of needle nose pliers to reverse the bend of the IC's legs. But, if you can do this, is the rest of the circuit still going to operate with the foil inverted?

The best way is to redo the PCB with the foil pattern correctly done.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
If you can´t make a new board, you can try the dead bug approach, which is basically turning every IC upside down, bending the pins to the other side and solder them to the right places. But be sure to connect everything the way it should be.