Tips for impressive resume

microcontroller60

Joined Oct 1, 2019
Hi everyone!
I have created sample resume and uploaded for experts reviews. Please let me know which section needs to improve. Is there need to create table like for education. do the bullet points i have used for techinical skills and work experience looks good

Attachments

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
Although you have listed your technical skills and experience, your resume will not impress anyone with your communication skills.
The first criticism I have is the title that you use. It is too brief and does not define what you are. "Electronic Embedded Systems Engineer" is a little more definitive.

In you profile summary, your first paragraph is fine, but you should continue in a similar way with your experience. Make sentences out of it rather than a bare list. e,g: "I have experience in programming in C, using a variety of different controllers including ARM, PIC and AVR. I have successfully written programs using various IDEs such as Keil, MPLAB Xc8 and ATMEL Studio and have experience with a number of different interface protocols such as UART, SPI and I2C.

It makes much more interesting reading than a bare list, so it leaves a much better impression. Try to do the same for the rest of the resume but keep it to the point and don't make it too repetitive.

I hope this helps you to get the job of your dreams.

Good luck,
Keith

microcontroller60

Joined Oct 1, 2019
Although you have listed your technical skills and experience, your resume will not impress anyone with your communication skills.
The first criticism I have is the title that you use. It is too brief and does not define what you are. "Electronic Embedded Systems Engineer" is a little more definitive.
Please view revised resume
Which sequence will better ? Should I put education details before work history

Attachments

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
You have it in the right order, with the most relevant items first, but it is still mostly in point form and very boring to read.
I have been in the electronics industry as as a systems engineer for very many years. I have been in the position of reviewing the resumes of applicants for positions in Hewlett Packard, the company I worked for. Keep in mind that they are real people who will be reviewing your application and will be reading much more than your listed skills and experience into the way you have presented your resume. Try to write it in a way that the person reading it looks forward to meeting its author.
This is the first chance you have to introduce yourself to the company you would like to work for, so make it a little bit more than just list of knowledge and achievements.
You are marketing your self to the company. If you were in a restaurant and wanted to order a tasty meal, which menu would you prefer; one that just listed the ingredients of the dishes or one that gave a full description?

Last edited: