Tina-TI help

ManiN

Joined Feb 3, 2010
Hi,

I'm new to this site and would like some help using Tina-TI for circuits exploration. I've been trying to put together some 555/556 timer circuits to experiment with them, and cannot get Tina to emulate the circuit. It seems speratic that I'll look and one of the LEDs will be lit. I'm just trying to make a flashing light circuit and see the LEDs flash.

Any help is great.

Attachments

kdillinger

Joined Jul 26, 2009
You need to eliminate the floating voltage circuit. Have you calculated the duty cycle of the 555? You many not see it flash because the frequency is much too high.
I do not have TINA-TI so I do not believe you have the transient analysis option where it will take time steps to infinity. I have the full version of TINA and I get errors in your circuit.
TINA is sometimes flaky so it is not as stable as other Spice sims, but it is easy to get up and running in TINA.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
MikeML,
Not a fair comparison, as LTSpice's NE555 model is "idealized", and not a model of a real 555 timer.

Tina-TI doesn't consider a 555 timer an IC. You will need to include at least 1 IC to get it to run.

You will also need to select an output point. You will not see the LEDs flash in the simulation; only waveforms.

Last edited: