timing circuit

harsha a s

Joined Jan 23, 2012
I need timing delay of 10sec.... so can i achive this by using 555 ic ??? else is there any circuit configuration by using electronic component.
:)

holnis

Joined Nov 25, 2011
555 timer is a good solution, therefore this small 8-pin device affords a lot of features.

There are the pins 4 and 8 which should be powered. When you use pins, you count from the bottom left, which is indicated by the small indented circle in the chip. Pin 1 should be connected to the negative end of the battery or power supply. The chip can run from 2 volts to up to 14 (some chips support 18) volts but for something like an LED, 9 volts should be good (a different voltage would mean you'd need a different resistor for the LED). Pin 5, optionally, should be connected through a small capacitor (100nF or near) to the negative end of the battery; the capacitor should not be electrolytic. This is optional as it just helps settle the value on one of the internal comparators and makes the timing more accurate.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
why is that led??? is it necessary?? i need to switch off motor after 10sec once its start.. so can you guied me pls??
That is a tutorial circuit. It is meant to teach you how a 555 works, and the LEDs are there to provide a visual indicator of what is happening. You are supposed to be able to figure out how to make it work for your application, people are not going to draw your project up for you with as little information as you gave.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
sir, can i switch of motor after 10sec by using 555 timer ic??? can you help me out about connections???
A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore moved your thread to one you had already started on the topic.

This was split from http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=65393

harsha a s

Joined Jan 23, 2012
sir there is a ic lm2907 which is used to convert frequency to voltage...
so now my intention is to make this ic go off aft 10sec... so i need to built a timing circuit using passive electronic component.. so can you help me???

harsha a s

Joined Jan 23, 2012
i need an each pin function of ic lm2907.(f-v).. actu it's not been provided in datasheet so from where can i get..??? for 14 pin ic