Timer

TAGMan

Joined Apr 1, 2011
Greetings and Happy New Year to all

I am currently working on a timer project that is in the "concept only"stage. I need a clock; a time clock that will provide a unique digital output for every second of its timing function. I dont really need an output at the "seconds" level but the "minutes level is required. ie: a digital signature for every minute of the 24 hr cycle. Then I will decode the signature as needed to detect the time.
Thanks,

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Greetings and Happy New Year to all

I am currently working on a timer project that is in the "concept only"stage. I need a clock; a time clock that will provide a unique digital output for every second of its timing function. I dont really need an output at the "seconds" level but the "minutes level is required. ie: a digital signature for every minute of the 24 hr cycle. Then I will decode the signature as needed to detect the time.
Thanks,
DS1307 real time clock ic: http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/DS1307.pdf

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Using a realtime clock, you could put the minutes through a hash function, so each of the 1,440 minutes would be an n-byte long string.

Or you could simply number the minutes 0000-1439

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Depending on required accuracy, med a 555 IC, long term- count down 60 Hz line frequency. Connect 4 decade counters in series, 4017's. With a 4-input NAND gate decode 1440 for a common counter reset. Bring all outputs, except 1000's,& then just the 1000, to 31 positions of a solderless bread board. Use the other 4 in NAND to program any desired minute with just 4 jumpers.