timer with snooze

blackstallion

Joined Jan 13, 2012
Hi, this is my first time to join this forum....i have been looking for an electronic project topic for my studies...i have been thinking on how to make a timer that have a snooze( maximum snooze reset 3 times).....any idea on how to achieve that?

thanks...

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi, this is my first time to join this forum....i have been looking for an electronic project topic for my studies...i have been thinking on how to make a timer that have a snooze( maximum snooze reset 3 times).....any idea on how to achieve that?

thanks...
It would be really easy to do with a MCU like one of the Microchip PICs.

You could even have a display and a real clock as opposed to just a timer.

You would be able to set your snooze time, max times you can press snooze, all kind of options.

simo_x

Joined Dec 23, 2010
I don't understand exactly what you whant to do..
Are you planning to make an alarm clock?

If so it is better You do it with a microcontroller.

blackstallion

Joined Jan 13, 2012
my idea is to connect the timer to a motor and the motor will operate on the time that has been set on the timer....the snooze will only works maximum 3 times after snooze button is pressed...thats what im planning to do...

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
my idea is to connect the timer to a motor and the motor will operate on the time that has been set on the timer....the snooze will only works maximum 3 times after snooze button is pressed...thats what im planning to do...

Definite MCU application. You will even be able to control the speed of the motor if you want.