Timer relay control of machine

mztrordinary

Joined May 25, 2016
Hi everybody

I am looking for a couple of pointers on a little control job i have to carry out on a machine. The operators want a timer on a twin shaft mixer which they can set the time themselves hit start and then have it count down or up. The existing machine set up is a standard start stop push button control. But when i looked in the main panel there is already some timer contactors in it. So when the start button is pressed the shafts rotate together clockwise for 30 seconds through the first timer and then switch over and rotate anti clockwise for thirty seconds. The guys then stop this themselves by pressing the stop button after 6 to 20 minutes depending on the process.

So what they want to do is keep the way the shafts operate and turn etc but just automate the mix time by putting in a timer relay which will run for a preset time and then stop by itself in case the operators get called away or dont stop it in time. The issue is that somebody before me attempted to do it and made cut outs in the panel and half fitted a timer relay which i will attach the link to below. My question is can i use this relay to make it work so that it will run the machine the way the start stop was with all the existing safeties still in place etc as i dont want to upset the current wiring too much. i was thinking of putting it in series with the control cct and using the output of the timer relay to run the master control relay which runs the other timer contactors.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/time...34363339313626&searchHistory={"enabled":true}

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
My question is can i use this relay to make it work so that it will run
Not with the H5CX-ASD-N. The "S" in the model number indicates a transistor output.
You would need the H5CX-AD-N. Depending on the stop button wiring configuration the relay contacts could be wired across a normally open switch or in series with a normally closed switch.
SG

Last edited: