Time delay

narpz24

Joined Aug 20, 2013
i would like to build a circuit with a time delay function (5sec). a signal input and then a signal will be output after 5 sec.

requirements are:
12vdc power source
using CMOS 4011 , capacitor, resistor

can you help me??
thank you in advance!

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i would like to build a circuit with a time delay function (5sec). a signal input and then a signal will be output after 5 sec.

requirements are:
12vdc power source
using CMOS 4011 , capacitor, resistor

can you help me??
thank you in advance!
First, note that this is Homework Help, so we expect you to show the work YOU have done to attempt to solve YOUR homework problem.

Having said that, a good place to start is a sketch of what you want your output to look like, as a function of time, as the inputs are applied. Since you only have one input, this can be pretty simple. For an input signal use short pulses (say 2s) and long pulses (say 8s) and then construct a pulse train that has then separated by short delays (say 2s) and long delays (say 8). The goal is to be able to look at your pulse train and identify all of the possible combinations somewhere in the train, for instance a long delay followed by a short pulse followed by a short delay. Then go along and decide what you want/need the output to be given this input sequence.

Try to put something like that together and post it. This will go a long way to making sure that everyone starts out on the same page.