Time Delay For Solid State Relay?(CONTACTOR)

aq_rules

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Hey guys ,plz help me out in this
I Want a time delay circuit schematic for operating high voltage contactor,i want this circuit to supply the generator's 220-240VAC after 20-30sec delay....

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
If you want a off-the-shelf option, you can get an oil-fired boiler fuel delay relay. This waits a certain amount of time after power up before allowing the fuel solenoid to open. (Allow fan to clear exhaust and introduce combustion air into the chamber)

Many HVAC shops will have these as well as compressor delay relays. They are called DELAY on MAKE. They start their delay once power is added then complete the circuit.

Cheap and rugged.
[ed]
http://www.icmcontrols.com/products/category.php?cat_pk=12
many, many to choose from.
[/ed]

Last edited:

aq_rules

Joined Oct 28, 2009
No, i dun want to go in this kinda mess...i just want to design the circuit for this contactor i've already bought...:D but thnx for ur suggestion...

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You can use your contactor. You will want a 24v delay(or whatever your coil voltage is) rather than a 220v.

That way, when the contactor coil is attempting to charge, the timer will charge first(delaying the circuit) then hit the contactor.

You place the delay on the coil wire to YOUR contactor.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Yes. Yes it is. How is your electronics knowledge? Have you read the All About Circuits E-Book? If not, the links are at the top of every page.

If you feel comfortable soldering and working with electricity, we could help you.