Threshold switcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeez

Joined Jun 13, 2013
Hello,

First, I would like to mention that I am new to the forum and I'm somehow of a newbie when it comes to electronics.

I have a little project that I need help with. I've looked online and on this forum but I'm just not sure what the part I'm looking for is called and what exactly I need.

I am basically trying to achieve this:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...Pod-Input-to-OEM-Head-Unit-via-Tape-Deck-Hack

But instead of simply connecting an aux cable, I would like to connect a bluetooth headphones circuit I have laying around. It is not the aux part I'm having troubles with.

In addition to just simply solder the aux, I would like to hook the prev. and next buttons to the native track changer.

I looked up the chip sheet (http://www.ic72.com/pdf_file/t/176656.pdf) and to my understanding, it is PIN 3 that I have to hook into. Again, according to my understanding, PIN 3 has 0.7V when no buttons are pressed.

However, when the previous button is pressed, it should drop between 0-0.5V and when the forward button is pressed, it should be slightly over 1V.

What I'm basically looking for is a chip(?) (PNP??) which is able to convert the signal I receive, into two outputs (prev & next).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Is there such a thing?

Furthermore, I would probably need a "timer" which could activate a switch for say.. 5 seconds once it gets power. This would Power on the bluetooth headset when the car is "On" and the timer receive power.

Thanks in advance,
Andrei

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
What I'm basically looking for is a chip(?) (PNP??) which is able to convert the signal I receive, into two outputs (prev & next).
What is "the signal I receive"? Producing the two voltage levels is trivial once you have a "switch" but it's not clear where your next and previous inputs are coming from. If you're controlling an iPod anyway, I'm not sure I see the relevance of the next and previous controls internal to the stereo.

The mods might decide this is an automotive modification and close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.