Thoughts on Tektronix CDM250 Multimeters

R.anderson

Joined Mar 9, 2013
I'm tired of my handheld multimeters getting in the way and taking up space on my bench (workspace area that is). So I'm looking to get two or three bench top multimeters to use instead.
I have a opportunity to pick up three Tektronix CDM250 Multimeters for cheap I'm told. I know they are discontinued, and may need calibration but are they worth picking up and if so whats a good/fair price for em. Also is there anything to lookout for and common problems with em?

R.anderson

Joined Mar 9, 2013
Check the sold price on eBay, that is essentially the market price. Don't look at listing prices - those are just wishes, not facts.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Cdm250&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Meters with autoranging are just sooo much nicer to use - just my opinion. I would look for something else.
Thanks
How did you get the ended auction to show up on ebay?

I don't mind selecting ranges, but it would be nice to have auto range but funds are limited for this upgrade.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Thanks
How did you get the ended auction to show up on ebay?

I don't mind selecting ranges, but it would be nice to have auto range but funds are limited for this upgrade.
Left margin "sold" button in desktop version. I am not sure it shows up on mobile version of eBay.