thoughts for a latching circuit

nmc240

Joined Mar 12, 2010
I have a sensor that gives a signal that varies from 0-4.5V the sensor is powered by 12 volts. The question I have is how do I get the signal to latch and hold at 4.5V once it has reached 4.5V, until there is a power off?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
1. Low power SCR, [ 2N5060 ], needs inverting to have a high output.
2. Flip-flop
3 Latching relay with driver
4. Dual input optical coupler
5. ?

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Some sort of analog, comparator-triggered, sample-and-hold

Maybe a PIC with an ADC input and a DAC (PWM/low pass filter) output.

Ken

nmc240

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Sorry for the long time between replies, I was out of town over the weekend. I have looked at all of the ideas and one thing I noticed was that there was no cheap way to do it. Is there a cheap way to do this?

Thanks

nmc240

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Yes this is an automotive project. The signal I need to latch goes from 0-4.5V depending on the pressure is applied to the gas pedal.

rjenkins

Joined Nov 6, 2005
Sorry, the forum policy does not allow projects that could affect vehicle safety & connecting in to the throttle control is a very hazardous thing to do.

nmc240

Joined Mar 12, 2010
It actually doesnt attach to the throttle. I used a IR LED and Poximity sensor to measure the distance from the pedal to the floor.

Last edited:

nmc240

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Kinda changed directions alittle bit, Just wondering if this looks like a viable option for peak and hold.

Would this make the signal stay at the highest level that it reached until the switch was closed?

Attachments