This is why Radio Shack is going out of business

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I went today to a RS that is not closing. Prices still out of sight. For shortbus's information, it was the one in Parma Heights/Middleburg Heights on Pearl Road.

John

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I went today to a RS that is not closing. Prices still out of sight. For shortbus's information, it was the one in Parma Heights/Middleburg Heights on Pearl Road.

John
Funny, I went to the one in Cranberry Township, PA on Sunday. No visible change (not closing). I asked the clerk why he thinks they are going out of business. He said "recently, standardization". They apparently had a lot of foot traffic because people needed a cell phone charger with a certain connector or needed a method to connect this or that video device to the TV, now everything is iPhone, microUSB or HDMI. Chargers can be saved and reused with new devices and bought even at the grocery store. When people came in for cables or adapters, they could always be talked into an RC car for a grandchild or batteries to parents or ... Apparently, without the foot traffic, they go belly up. He didn't think his store would last long even if it was one of the best stores in the area.

Glenn Holland

Joined Dec 26, 2014
The one in my neighborhood in San Francisco officially closed its doors yesterday.

However the components section was 90% off and I made out like a bandit.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Guess I'll check mine tomorrow. I need more "good junk".
A lot of retail stores are suffering. It's kind of like Best Buy. People go in and search for a TV they like the picture on, then go home and order it from Amazon.