This guy... plugged the wrong power supply into his Samsung Monitor and broke it...

t0mmyrockz

Joined Mar 3, 2022
So.. long story short... I bought a 2nd Samsung monitor and while setting it up I somehow mixed the power supplies up, of course they have the same connector.... The new monitor worked fine for 15 minutes, then went black, right side grey stripe... the backlight still comes on but the power LED indicator does not and the monitor won't turn off unless you unplug it.

I know enough to be dangerous, I have a multimeter... any suggestions on testing... I am going to cry in the corner for a little bit then return to see if anyone has any kind words of support to share.

The Monitor... C32G55TQWN

The WRONG power supply A5919_RDY 14 V 35 W 2.5 A

The RIGHT power supply A3514_FPN 19 V 59 W 3.11 A

The board to test... CODE BL41-028038 MODEL BN4102806

Board.jpg

t0mmyrockz

Joined Mar 3, 2022
Welcome to AAC!
This shouldn't have damaged anything. Applying too high of a voltage would be a different story.
That is exactly what I think... very strange... I have tried powering it off.. holding the power button to drain any power stored, etc..... Then using the correct power supply, the monitor is unresponsive, backlight is on, one grey stripe on the side and the LED indicator is off....