Thevenin Help!!!

Thread Starter

CybrWb

Joined Dec 4, 2012
14



I'm racking my brain because I'm not sure my values are correct. Can anyone confirm for me?

Vth = 8.76 Rth = 7297.23

If not can you help me?
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Thread Starter

CybrWb

Joined Dec 4, 2012
14
Thank you, I'm trying to double check myself using those values but I keep getting 7.9 V when I figure it as a complete circuit... Honestly I don't know what I'm doing... :)
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,209
The Thevenin equivalent is the equivalent of the circuit to the left of the two connection port circuits when nothing is connected to the right of that point. When you figure it as a complete circuit, you are analyzing a different circuit and therefore get different results. The point of the Thevenin equivalent is that you can attach the load to either the original circuit or to the Thevenin equivalent and the results, as far as the load is concerned, will be the same.

BTW: Your 7.9V for the circuit as a whole is correct.
 
Top