thermistor question

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
hello, I have a ttc104 ntc thermistor. I am currently building my power supply and have considered building a digital temp display with 7 segment displays. my psu is going to use 4 lm317 voltage regulators using a common heatsink. I was thinking of putting the ttc104 on the heatsink to measure the temp of my vr's.. My questions is would the ttc104 be able to measure the temp. like that? and what would I use to convert the analog to digital and drive the display? Im using icl7107's for the digital amp and voltages meters.. but I think that ic is geared more for volt and amp meters.

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
+Save yourself pain and suffering- use a modern temp sensor IC- they are linear, and output a predictable, known voltage. Thermistors require more analog wizardry, gain and offset circuits etc.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Sensacell is talking about LM34 or LM35. They produce 10 millivolts per degree, C or F depending on the part number. Feed that directly to an ICL 7107 to get a temperature reading.

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
Sensacell is talking about LM34 or LM35. They produce 10 millivolts per degree, C or F depending on the part number. Feed that directly to an ICL 7107 to get a temperature reading.
that's pretty much the answer I needed.. thanks. how would I make that F instead of C??