The side of environmentalism they don't make a fuss about on national news.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Now that I disclosed the news that I watch regularly ... what are your habits?
Little televised but if something just doesn't feel right lots of online reading from as many sources as I see find fit to review (original sources when findable) more about what is most likely the real story behind something. Especially if the mass media and who blindly follows them appear to be pushing an emotional or obviously heavily biased political spin on one side but not the other.

The way I see it if they are pushing that Racial, Ethical, Cultural, Financial, Environmental, Political, Personal, Emotional injustice is being done it's probably well worth doing a lot of deep digging before taking a side since far too often anything that has any or multiple implications of those more than likely has less than accurate or honest reporting behind whats likely really going on (actual dull boring legal business as usual actions no none would otherwise care about.) driven by some agenda and intent of trying to stir up trouble where there may in fact not be any to be had. ;)

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
this will be a little late coming, but...

a mess was made by both sides of the situation. This goes back to the fact that everyone is heavily wrapped up in their own agendas...

Now close to my home is a small community of Dodge Cove. There is an LNG plant proposal for their area. 40 people vs multibillion dollar corporation and BC government. No-one wants this project. They actually have frogs over there because the community does not use pesticides, and unlike some, they will not be happy with the payout. If we keep selling ourselves, who wins?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
this will be a little late coming, but...

a mess was made by both sides of the situation. This goes back to the fact that everyone is heavily wrapped up in their own agendas...

Now close to my home is a small community of Dodge Cove. There is an LNG plant proposal for their area. 40 people vs multibillion dollar corporation and BC government. No-one wants this project. They actually have frogs over there because the community does not use pesticides, and unlike some, they will not be happy with the payout. If we keep selling ourselves, who wins?
No cars, stores, or paved roads.

Sounds like the perfect place to build an LNG plant.

Minimal impact, if you ask me.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
No cars, stores, or paved roads.

Sounds like the perfect place to build an LNG plant.

Minimal impact, if you ask me.
yes... minimal impact... governemnt bought and paid. People are split on those who just take the money and those who hold out....

feel free to read...

http://www.eao.gov.bc.ca/pcp/comments/aurora_digby_comments.html

this is mostly for our friend tcm in case this project goes ahead and there are protests in the area and he decides to say that people have just let it happen...

I am busy now, but there also a number of other safety provisions that the proposed site violates...

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
this is mostly for our friend tcm in case this project goes ahead and there are protests in the area and he decides to say that people have just let it happen...
Well obviously for it to get built someone (a lot of people) there HAD to not just let but actually want it to be there. :rolleyes:

You know, those damned inconvenient other legal and technical things that go on at public meetings and whatnot like state and local councils signing off on agreements that people can sell their land to the companies, the signing of building and construction permits to allow them to build and such that all have to pass vote by publicly elected and appointed officials and comity groups.

If regional and local community leadership and legal authority groups let it in and someone willingly sold them the land to build on obviously they are just as responsible as the company itself is for being there. Probably more so being they are the literal keyholders to the final Yes/No say on anything like that coming into a area that got into those positions to make such decisions by people like you having voted them in somewhere along the line. :oops:

If you don't like it and don't want it I suggest you attend every meeting they have and make sure everyone involved gets the full story on things. Otherwise your lack of action to make sure everyone knows the facts and downsides is no worse than the intended actions of those who want it for whatever reason they want it. :(

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Well obviously for it to get built someone (a lot of people) there HAD to not just let but actually want it to be there. :rolleyes:

You know, those damned inconvenient other legal and technical things that go on at public meetings and whatnot like state and local councils signing off on agreements that people can sell their land to the companies, the signing of building and construction permits to allow them to build and such that all have to pass vote by publicly elected and appointed officials and comity groups.

If regional and local community leadership and legal authority groups let it in and someone willingly sold them the land to build on obviously they are just as responsible as the company itself is for being there. Probably more so being they are the literal keyholders to the final Yes/No say on anything like that coming into a area that got into those positions to make such decisions by people like you having voted them in somewhere along the line. :oops:

If you don't like it and don't want it I suggest you attend every meeting they have and make sure everyone involved gets the full story on things. Otherwise your lack of action to make sure everyone knows the facts and downsides is no worse than the intended actions of those who want it for whatever reason they want it. :(
I understand your response. City has very little to do with this. This is crown land (governemnt owns it). Another similar project was/is the building of site C dam which is continuing despite pending legal challenges from several native communities.

It might be a little difficult to understand the dynamics of politics here. BC is a fairly large province, split north and south. Government is in the south, manufacturing used to be in the north... now the north is dying because of both provincial and federal government policies. The north did not vote for this government...

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I understand your response. City has very little to do with this. This is crown land (governemnt owns it). Another similar project was/is the building of site C dam which is continuing despite pending legal challenges from several native communities.

It might be a little difficult to understand the dynamics of politics here. BC is a fairly large province, split north and south. Government is in the south, manufacturing used to be in the north... now the north is dying because of both provincial and federal government policies. The north did not vote for this government...
Sounds like a war for independence might be in order.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
So your area is dieing from lack of industry (because it moved out due to other people policys) plus you and they (the government you don't want) don't want it coming back/growing their either. :rolleyes:

No, wait. They (the government you didn't want) do want to start bringing it back but now those who are there don't want it now.

Dang near sounds like 'American liberal economic process' at its best. :oops:

So should someone just start sending everyone there a government paycheck every month for doing nothing so they can feel good about their economy even though they don't really contribute anything nor want to? o_O

If so, I know of some comunities here in the US that would likely help your area out with getting set up with that sort of programs if you're interested. :D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Sounds like a war for independence might be in order.
Or declaration of being a self governing 'sub nation' of their own. (a Tribal community of sorts perhaps.) All the freedom to do as you please (even if it's nothing gainfully productive to one self at all) plus a steady government paycheck to boot! ;)

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
the moment I think a discussion can be had, it just rolls back... I wanted to provide you with some more background and feedback but it is not worth my time...