The relation between the pwm frequncy and the rpm of a dc motor

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Try again with a totally normal BRUSHED PERMANENT MAGNET DC MOTOR.

NOT a fan motor, which most likely has electronics inside that do not like to be PWM'd.
Fans are not usually simple brushed motors- because they would wear out way too fast.

aragon1971

Joined Apr 7, 2008
Did you miss Audioguru Agains post?When the MOSFET has 5V on its gate, it is almost turned off. Less than 5V, it is turned off. The MOSFET you are using needs 10V to fully turn on. Hence, you’d be better off with a logic level MOSFET.
Υes you are correct from generator ( of elvis platfrom give 10 V amplitude in the p[ulse not 5 V ) and then the mosfet is full ON

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You say the output is 10 volts amplitude but you don't say if the levels are - 5 volts in the low state and +5 volts in the high state or some other some other levels with a difference of 10 volts. Can you post the schematic of the output stages of your elvis signal generator or show the waveform when connected to your circuit on a oscilloscope together with the Y channel volts per division setting and the coupling set to DC. (I have never heard of "elvice signal generators"

Les.

aragon1971

Joined Apr 7, 2008
yes i watch some video about the mosfet IRF520 and i saw that is not a good choice for logic circuit (like arduino) but work in my expirement
i take a video in next week and i upload here

thank you very much

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
i watch some video about the mosfet IRF520 and i saw that is not a good choice for logic circuit (like arduino) but work in my expirement
Well you struck lucky with the particular sample of the '520 that you have. If you were designing/building a circuit for someone else it would not be a good choice of MOSFET. Good designs have to take into account the toerances of individual components and allow for 'worst case' scenarios.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi
The Vgs On is the Threshold voltage at which the FET starts low current conduction, it will not saturate the FET, which is what you need for the motor drive.
You have only a +5V drive signal so the FET will never be fully turned On
E