The Real Reason That Pot Won't Legal In The World

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
After having an aprentice mechanic that smoked dope, never again basicly unemployable & cant be trusted on a job.
I know what you mean; I have worked with those types before, but that's still no reason to make it illegal. plenty of drunks are "basicly unemployable & cant be trusted on a job" but booze isn't outlawed. It comes down to the person I think. The type of people who can be described as "potheads" spend a great deal of their time in direct violation of the law, because they don't care about the law. These are the same type of people who don't care about your business or the the work they do. It's not the pot that made them that way; It's being that way that led them to the pot. If pot were legal, I think you might see a new breed of good folks who get by just like anyone else, but might (legally) enjoy a joint in the evenings, and maybe a few more on the weekends; just like I do enjoy a cold beer when I get home from work & a couple by the BBQ pit.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Its not about smoking pot,It's about the treaty.
None of you have read the convention
that I quoted.In wikipedia under the title I
spell out It for you the history. I know wikipedia
Is written by the public,Wikipedia has been quoted
very often on this Forum and Is correct most of the time.
@ DeBe,In your country do they hand out tickets
to pay a fine for use.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
When it comes to the internal laws of the USA the treaty won't mean squat. The laws have already changed a lot from 15 years ago, as well as the public point of view, to think they will stop changing because of an outside point of view is just plain silly.

These laws have done enormous damage to the credibility of our other drug laws. Kids are told ridiculous lies in school that is easily verifiable in the real world, then tend to blow off what they are told about other drugs (which is mostly true). Like most parents I had to teach my kids most of the real basics, including the fact the government is not rational when it comes to pot, then explained real reasons why they should experiment with pot.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Loosewire if you do not smoke. Why does the fact that it is illegal bother you? By the way many countries allow growing of hemp for industrial purposes. But this type hemp has very low content of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). But good fibers.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Canada and the US have gone to 'tribunal' over the NAFTA thing frequently, and as Bill mentioned, a number of issues were basically snubbed by the US. Softwood lumber has always been a point of contention. Like any treaty, there were multiple agendas, that when actually applied, clashing interpretations. I believe that the US when into it to isolate eastern markets, while it's allies when into it hoping for secure markets. Regardless, it's pretty much history.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Ask the Native Americans about what treaties really mean. It means that the reservation land is theirs to use as they please, unless the government believes that it's not in their (either party) best interest. The land belongs to them, unless the government finds something of value, or a profitable use for it, for which, every tribal member receives an annual settlement check. Believe you need to be 1/8th Native American to get a full share, but others still qualify.

International treaties are broken all the time, some rarely enforced. Depends on the negative impact it has on your neighbors, which might be bought, if the deal is right. Treaties only mean something, when there is a dispute. Countries can withdraw from the treaties at any time, it's not usually a declaration of global war.

Although I view the hemp plant, as one very useful, fast growing, renewable resource, which we could really use right now. I really don't want to see more people recreating on drugs. We already have to many mentally defective people walking around loose. I certainly don't want them operating equipment anywhere near me at work. Or even driving on public roads. Remember, the active agent, THC, is stored in fatty tissues, and can give you a rush/high days later, without warning.

I think keeping recreational drugs illegal, is the only thing keeping many of the people, that really shouldn't be medicating themselves, from getting started on that lifestyle. People enjoy the high, but might not like some of the side effects, and they experiment with other chemicals, to find that perfect buzz. I think that, just like alcohol, there would be responsible users, and abusers from hell.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
The real question is "what is the point in it being illegal?".
The war on drugs is already lost, anyone who wants to buy cannabis has no trouble finding it.
If legalised it won't cause problems for law abiding people, who won't touch it at the moment because it is illegal, because they realise that being intoxicated on drugs or alcohol is no excuse for any illegal actions, turning up to work intoxicated, etc.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Wikipedia,has a list of treaties you san scan down maybe you'll
find something that peaks your interest.They list by the year to
date.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
Wikipedia,has a list of treaties you san scan down maybe you'll
find something that peaks your interest.
There are many great treaties including ...

cookies
brownies
candies
and Hershey's

... which are very relevant when talking about pot.

:D

Last edited:

TBayBoy

Joined May 25, 2011
Well first we have to develop a road side test for impaired by pot test for police, I think that will bring down the big block by police, as right now any pot in a driver is good for charges, but once legal like alcohol and suspected driver would pull a cop off the road for hours.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Like all drugs it was made illegal to single out and harras a specific ethnic group. Opium was made illegal after the chinese made our railroads and we were tired of them, pot was made illegal to get rid of the mexicans back in the 30's when we were tired of them. The reason pot will never be totally legal across the world is there is too much money being made from it on both sides of the law. Look at a legal state and they will drool over the prices they get in non legal states. So you have the suppliers who don't want it legal. Then the massive hit the pharma market would take. Legalizing pot would pretty much make xanax and diazapam useless plus when using opiates with marijurana you use way less opiates. So if you take 3 percosets a day, if you smoke pot you will only need 1-2 a day. Its all about money and politics. Just look at us in FL. We legalized heroine.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That is the one argument I tend to buy into. However, if public opinion keeps shifting it may not work anymore, pretty much for the same reasons prohibition went away.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Prohibition was not a part of of a treaty or else we may still have it. Easy to undo something with out out a treaty.We can agree to disagree.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
in the Balto-DC area an average ounce goes for 200 to 300 dollars.
legalize it and get the government involved will triple the price at the minimum.

supply and demand will not work once GOVCO gets its hands into it.

leave it as it is.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
It can't be legalized according to treaty can't you guys know that by now.
Read the post where I describe the 1988 treaty on wikipedia.I posted the
name of the convention.D.E.A. and Interpol they enforce these treaties world wide.
I am getting blue in the face. I'm holding my breathe until you catch on.