The Psychology of Internet Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
After reading a few replies here I have to say that if this person who was banned had THAT much of an effect on some of you to the extent some of you are ACTUALLY thinking I am him...some of you have ALOT of growing up to do.

My GOD! Some of the replies here are quite possibly the most PATHETIC and NEEDY ego driven dribble I have EVER read.

With the exception of MAX...who I believe to be one of the few GROWN UP'S in the bunch...I suggest to the rest to take a HARD LOOK in the mirror to perhaps come to terms with what they must feel to be lacking.

For GOD sakes...it's just a FORUM.

Grow UP!

Split Infinity

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
After reading a few replies here I have to say that if this person who was banned had THAT much of an effect on some of you to the extent some of you are ACTUALLY thinking I am him...some of you have ALOT of growing up to do.

My GOD! Some of the replies here are quite possibly the most PATHETIC and NEEDY ego driven dribble I have EVER read.

With the exception of MAX...who I believe to be one of the few GROWN UP'S in the bunch...I suggest to the rest to take a HARD LOOK in the mirror to perhaps come to terms with what they must feel to be lacking.

Grow UP!

Split Infinity
Huh.

Eh?

Hah!

*FUN KEN KAPOW*

.......why argue when you can DIBBLE DIBBLE BANG DABBLE?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011

Grow UP!

Split Infinity
WHAT THE HECK are you on about????? :eek:

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
I haven't read through all the comments yet, so I'm not sure if someone's already mentioned this or not, but back in my second year of uni I had a psychology class in which I studied this phenomenon for a final thesis. It's actually a real phenomenon called the Online Disinhibition Effect. Basically it's saying that if you're online and you don't have to deal with peoples' responses face-to-face, you're generally more critical, even more rude, than you would in person. I've observed this on multiple occasions in the fora and in online chat rooms. I admit, I'm just as guilty as everyone else. The thing is, when you're online you become a completely different person. You become less inhibited by social norms, hence the disinhibition part. There are medical journals out on the internet, but most of them you have to buy. You can probably find something if you took time to search. I did find an abstract for one of the papers, and I've quoted it below. Might sound a bit familiar.... ;)

Regards,
Matt
Thank You for being thoughtful and constructive.

Split Infinity

SplitInfinity

Joined Mar 3, 2013
Personally, I think people generally get more and more rude as time goes on. I know for me, the older I get, the less I care what people think about how I react. I've earned the right to be a grumpy old man.

Youngsters no longer have respect for their elders.
Isn't that the truth. LOL!

Split Infinity

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009

Grow UP!

Split Infinity
Continuous judging of others isn't very mature either.

For now, I will close this thread. If your purpose in life is to prove yourself superior to others, then there is not much room for you here. This action is considered provocative and is disapproved.

Status
Not open for further replies.