chemistry- 800/800 (Hellz yea!!)
math level 2- 680/800

ACT total- 34/36
english- 33
math- 32
reading- 34
science- 35

AP tests
chemistry- 5/5 (yea, i don't need any college chemistry... I'm already tested out of all of it)
US hist.- 4/5

Highschool GPA
4.0/4.0
~11.7/12

Thoughts guys?
I've already been accepted at Purdue and Rose Hulman, i hear back from MIT in a couple weeks :nervous_face:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
heh. You got the same ACT score I did about 30 years ago

I was nominated most likely to succeed, but had a GPA 3rd from last.

Life is certainly funny, sometimes.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
You are obviously gifted in technical areas. What impresses me most is your 4/5 score on US History! Seems to be not too much interest in that area these days.

I did not develop a deep interest in history till well into my professional career. Sometimes I wish I had paid a little bit more attention, especially in light of the goings-on in the world today that have their roots in events that occurred thousands of years ago.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Very good results! Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll get accepted where ever you wish to go. If you really want to get in somewhere do some geneology and find a way to mark yourself non white or non asian and your chances of getting in drastically improve. There was just a really big write up on it in forbes. It said asians have to compete against other asians to get into ivy league schools so their grades have to be way higher then another ethnicity.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Very good results! Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll get accepted where ever you wish to go. If you really want to get in somewhere do some geneology and find a way to mark yourself non white or non asian and your chances of getting in drastically improve. There was just a really big write up on it in forbes. It said asians have to compete against other asians to get into ivy league schools so their grades have to be way higher then another ethnicity.
Wow, that is absolutely and horribly racist! :eek:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Wow, that is absolutely and horribly racist! :eek:
Not really, it's federal law to "prevent racism". Quotas and all that. What defines "racist" is all about who says it these days.

White Male with a job is now a numerical minority in the US, being under 30%, but the laws don't apply there.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Not really, it's federal law to "prevent racism". Quotas and all that. What defines "racist" is all about who says it these days.

White Male with a job is now a numerical minority in the US, being under 30%, but the laws don't apply there.
+1
i agree, the hardest thing to be in terms of government money and such things is a white male
Although, there was a company that got sued for not hiring enough white people, so apparently the laws can go the other way.

its both. We're finding more and more creative ways to divide ourselves at a time when we really should be focusing on working as a team.
+1

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
+1

its both. We're finding more and more creative ways to divide ourselves at a time when we really should be focusing on working as a team.
I'll second the +1 on this. I don't know how we have become so divided, not just politically, but in every area. It's like a bunch of high school cliques have reformed in adult society.