The Mind Portal and Electronics

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009

Hello,

I have developed a spiral calendar time map simply called the mind portal, which is a mind tool used for gaining information and insight into the selected subject by which it measures. This development is currently in its earlier phase, as the map being used is at the moment paper. In order to give an overall view of what this is, I’ve been focusing on the different angles by which to approach the inquiry.

By jozenbo at 2008-01-22
This is an example of the graph for mapping time that is being used.

How does this tie into electronics? The image can be mounted on a wheel. There are different ways to distribute the image, not limited to paper along. Using a thin computer monitor is one such possibility. This would require building a monitor that spins. Other means are possible as well. Then there is the question of the motor.

A weak electric motor, such as the kind used for a typical house-cooling fan, will break down when an image is mounted to it. A combustion engine would give more power; a turbine engine would give more power still. It should be possible to get a very fast spin in motion given the right set of mechanical configuration is set. Also, the spin from the wheel can be used to generate electricity. This electricity could be fed to some sort of electronic function/s.

Long range, advanced systems involve electronic configurations, so this thread is opened in consideration of the connection of advanced dynamic mapping systems and electronic systems that can go into them.

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
I am aware that the above opening does little to clarify what the Mind Portal is, so I will add some info and a link:

The Mind Portal is a curved spiral time map attractor graph for measuring patterns in time. One of its more curious ways of being used involves putting together a code to keep track on one's time. This is done by grouping the main areas of ones life and then further breaking those groups down into their respective functions. For example; is one works, then that this takes up usually 40 hours a week, it absorbs enough time to merit one of the major groups. Then; work could be broken down further as follows; worked a full day, missed a day, sick day, vocation day, weekend, late to work, promotion, raise, meeting, interview, etc. These sublists and lists are the first step to generating a code.

The second step involves placing the information into a system that quickly communicates the information while condensing it. For this, one needs a little rectangle that represents one day on the Mind Portal map. Take this rectangle and divide it into regions for each major regions one has. Then produce symbols within those regions to control information and quickly gather it as its location within the rectangle confers which major group it belongs to. These symbols can be mixed using form, count, and color. Count involves anything that implies a number; a square implies 4, a star implies 5, a triangle implies 3, etc. Form concerns itself with HOW the square or triangle is drawn. And color is self evident. To produce the symbols for a day code for tracking one's time, any one of these is enough. If they are mixed, then it is possible to contrive incredibly vast amounts of information into a small region, such as the curved rectangles within the Mind Portal map.

http://www.computer-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3339

The Mind Portal is a new to our times and difficult to understand, it is being investigated and researched and I have placed a great deal of information about it on the net, much of which is based on my personal views, though there are many facts as well. The scientific approach of testing it is in process and the results are being gathered, also known as intellectual data. Please keep in mind that I am focusing in this thread solely on the electronic possibilities, so if the metaphysical or whatever label you find suitable aspects seem odd, know that I am not here to discuss those aspects. I am here to learn more about electronics and the possibilities of combining electronic systems to the wheel to improve performance, thus that is the focus of this thread and its purpose. If you wish to discuss the more bizarre aspects or debate the validity of this discovery, please do so elsewhere (there are over 100 threads out there...plenty to choose from) and not here. Think of the challenge of this discussion as to exploring ideas and possibilities for new wheels and medias...that require electronic configurations, thus the purpose of this thread. I appreciate your consideration and look forward to talking with those who would like to do so.

Thank You.

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
I realize that the above does little to explain what the mind portal is, so I will expand and leave a link:

The Mind Portal is a curved spiral time map attractor graph for measuring patterns in time. One of its more curious ways of being used involves putting together a code to keep track on one's time. This is done by grouping the main areas of ones life and then further breaking those groups down into their respective functions. For example; is one works, then that this takes up usually 40 hours a week, it absorbs enough time to merit one of the major groups. Then; work could be broken down further as follows; worked a full day, missed a day, sick day, vocation day, weekend, late to work, promotion, raise, meeting, interview, etc. These sublists and lists are the first step to generating a code.

The second step involves placing the information into a system that quickly communicates the information while condensing it. For this, one needs a little rectangle that represents one day on the Mind Portal map. Take this rectangle and divide it into regions for each major regions one has. Then produce symbols within those regions to control information and quickly gather it as its location within the rectangle confers which major group it belongs to. These symbols can be mixed using form, count, and color. Count involves anything that implies a number; a square implies 4, a star implies 5, a triangle implies 3, etc. Form concerns itself with HOW the square or triangle is drawn. And color is self evident. To produce the symbols for a day code for tracking one's time, any one of these is enough. If they are mixed, then it is possible to contrive incredibly vast amounts of information into a small region, such as the curved rectangles within the Mind Portal map.

http://www.computer-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3339

wr8y

Joined Sep 16, 2008
If you insist on an answer, I will do so.

A weak electric motor, such as the kind used for a typical house-cooling fan, will break down when an image is mounted to it.
No, it won't.

A combustion engine would give more power; a turbine engine would give more power still. It should be possible to get a very fast spin in motion given the right set of mechanical configuration is set. Also, the spin from the wheel can be used to generate electricity. This electricity could be fed to some sort of electronic function/s.
That is called a generator, it was invented a LONG time ago. Mounting your 'wheel' to it makes no sense to me.

Long range, advanced systems involve electronic configurations, so this thread is opened in consideration of the connection of advanced dynamic mapping systems and electronic systems that can go into them.
It is almost impossible, no, it IS impossible to determine what this sentence means.

You are on the wrong forum, IMO, and that is why no one has responded.

davebee

Joined Oct 22, 2008
While a project like this is outside my experience, I think it's great when people are willing to try new ideas.

A computer program would be a good way to quickly generate an image of such a wheel from a database of descriptions and symbols, and could programmatically rotate the display at a moderate speed.

From there, I think the design depends on how fast you want the rotation. If the image has a lot of detail, as it appears to have, then the program won't be able to redraw all the pixels very fast at all.

You could physically rotate the computer display, but I doubt that most computer monitors could be rotated very fast before their internal parts would start to fly apart. Fast rotation just isn't one of the things most computer monitors are designed to take!

There are arrangements of prisms that can rotate an image. You could have a computer generate an image and you could view it through a motor-driven prism, giving you a rotating image at a fairly high rate of speed. A prism could probably be designed to rotate a lot faster than a typical computer monitor.

Or you could use a motor to spin a printed image to probably get about the fastest practical rotation.

How fast are you looking to rotate this? One thing you could do to help this project along is to come up with a desired rotation rate in revolutions per second so that people could suggest a good way to proceed.

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
I do not believe it can be rotated very fast before the persistence of vision effect kicks in and you get a blur.

I'm still trying to think of what in electronics could be presented in a spiral...

--Rich

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
If you insist on an answer, I will do so.
Jozen-Bo said:
A weak electric motor, such as the kind used for a typical house-cooling fan, will break down when an image is mounted to it.
No, it won't.
I am speaking from experience here. I purchased a house-cooling fan, took off the rotor, attached a 3-foot diameter paper image to it, balanced the image, and after observing it for a little over an hour the engine burnt out on me. Your making a guess, whereas I paid the price after finding out the expensive way. There is more torque to a simple piece of paper that is 3-foot in diameter than there is in a 2 foot diameter metal rotor, even though the paper weighs less. I assumed otherwise and paid over 50 Euro because I picked up the strongest fan I could.

Perhaps it can be configured to function without breaking down, though this wouldn't be as simple as I figured.

Jozen-Bo said:
That is called a generator, it was invented a LONG time ago. Mounting your 'wheel' to it makes no sense to me.
I know what a generator is and that it has been around for a long time. There are two reasons why I'd consider to install a generator to the wheel, the first is for reasons of energy conservation, something I am into. The second isn't so easy to clarify.

Also, it isn't "my" wheel and it is a real wheel, not an imaginary "wheel". Given that we do not share the exact same understanding and knowledge of many different things, I would presume it is normal that not everything discussed here in this thread will make sense to everyone who reads it.

It is almost impossible, no, it IS impossible to determine what this sentence means.

You are on the wrong forum, IMO, and that is why no one has responded.
I gather from this statement that you have never worked for the Airplane Manufacturing Industry, in which case, you'd have no problem making sense of what I wrote. Long range is a term that involves a considerable amount of time and also considers how a system in development might possibly develop over that time span. Another way of looking at it as there are the immediate developments within a system, for example, the plans for building a turbine engine have been designed and calculated and the cost of materials figured for, as well the suppliers found. This engine itself is a system connecting eventually to a larger system, the airplane. The long range goal in this example is the complete airplane, with its million+ components all accounted for, tested, supplied, and produced; the short range developments being found within its parts.

The term is used to express the development of a fleet of A340's if I remember correctly.

I am here to discuss electronics, and the possibilities of applying or combining electronic systems to another system. I would think that this is the right forums for discussing such things in greater focus. It appears that there have been more responses, and to those who respond I will discuss. These are forums, not a chat line, if it takes time in between responses this is normal and I am in no hurry, so I'll patiently partake in this discussion as it develops.

Best Regards,
Jozen-Bo
:)

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I am speaking from experience here. I purchased a house-cooling fan, took off the rotor, attached a 3-foot diameter paper image to it, balanced the image, and after observing it for a little over an hour the engine burnt out on me. Your making a guess, whereas I paid the price after finding out the expensive way. There is more torque to a simple piece of paper that is 3-foot in diameter than there is in a 2 foot diameter metal rotor, even though the paper weighs less. I assumed otherwise and paid over 50 Euro because I picked up the strongest fan I could.
I suspect that the failure of the cooling fan has a less sinister explanation than you may imagine. Cooling fans are designed to use a fraction of the moving air generated by the fan blades to keep the motor cool during operation. By removing the blades and replacing them with a disc, the fan motor was no longer being supplied this cooliing air and in time it overheated and failed.

Another function of the fan blades is to lightly load the motor so that it operates at its optimal efficiency. The spinning disc removed that optimum load and thus allowed the motor to turn at a faster RPM than that for which it was designed. In time this too would accelerate the motor's failure.

hgmjr

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
While a project like this is outside my experience, I think it's great when people are willing to try new ideas.
Thank you!

A computer program would be a good way to quickly generate an image of such a wheel from a database of descriptions and symbols, and could programmatically rotate the display at a moderate speed.
I agree that a computer program would be the quickest way to produce the image and the codes or patterns that go into it. I am striving to develop such a program and have spoken to a few people about it, one of which developed a simple program, though we haven't talked much about yet. I will be managing the development of such a program in the future when the time is ripe.

A program to allow for sudden image changing is also very appealing. However, to use the computer to generate the rotation does not appeal, because it would be limited to a computer screen refresh rate. It cannot generate the continuity of an actual rotating object, a geometrical configuration is lost because of this when one considers the physics of the electromagnetic energy moving through space. The geometrical shapes and forms are important, just as they are important when considering how to prepare an electrical system, if you use the wrong shapes when making a power generator, for example, you won't generate power.

This isn't to say that the idea is to be abandoned, the better the difference between a flash-rate rotation image and a continuous image is understood, the better equipped we are to put this knowledge to use. It is something to investigate.

From there, I think the design depends on how fast you want the rotation. If the image has a lot of detail, as it appears to have, then the program won't be able to redraw all the pixels very fast at all.
Blurring isn't such a problem, at least not always. At times a low RPM is more desirable, while at other times a fast RPM is more desirable. Also, various combinations of RPM rates can be desirable, though not as easy to accomplish. At a given point we see the image turn into a blur, we can no longer say what is there, though this doesn't not mean that the image is gone, simply that we lack the organs or mind power to recognize what is there. I will try to clarify...

If I have a cylinder with a star on one side and rotate it slowly, we will easily see the star and be able to say there it is. The electromagnetic energy coming from this image moves through space and intercepts our eyes, which convert the wave-particle transmissions into bio-chemical reactions that cause electrons to fire through the central optic nerve and reaching the brain, where they trigger more electrical processes that begin to involve neuron-transmitters, which produce our experience of seeing the star.

If we rotate that cylinder so fast that all we see is a blur and cannot say there was a star or what there is, this doe NOT change the fact that wave-particles continue to move through space with transmissions of a star's image. It is not replaced by a blur of electro-magnetic energy moving through space, we see it as such because the wave transmissions are coming in too fast and with too much distributed movement that our organs fail to see the star.

The process of biological lifeforms processing images is one of those areas which is being investigated here, which makes both rates to be of interest.

You could physically rotate the computer display, but I doubt that most computer monitors could be rotated very fast before their internal parts would start to fly apart. Fast rotation just isn't one of the things most computer monitors are designed to take!
Which is why I am considering the possibility of a new interface configuration altogether. Considering that we are building computers the size of watches or even smaller these days, this can be accomplished. I could most likely spin my mobile telephone computer faster than my PC monitor without it breaking down. One question that wonders my mind is...what are the limits, given we design a computer monitor with the intention of making it spin?

There are arrangements of prisms that can rotate an image. You could have a computer generate an image and you could view it through a motor-driven prism, giving you a rotating image at a fairly high rate of speed. A prism could probably be designed to rotate a lot faster than a typical computer monitor.

This ideas sound very interesting! Could you elaborate on it?

Someone mentioned using projectors, suggested using a PICO Projector and I have considered the use of projectors and prisms, though such ideas remain in their budding phase at the moment. Ideas start somewhere, not always in the most obvious places, and these ideas may be very useful for future implementations.

Or you could use a motor to spin a printed image to probably get about the fastest practical rotation.
If we are dealing with issues of weight, which is the case in some cases, then I think a motor is preferable, I haven't sat down to consider how to convert a turbine engine for this purpose, though a prop-propeller turbine engine seems easy enough to convert.

Gathering as much as one can about all the options, I find it a good idea to find out as much as I can about using electrical motors too. They are cheaper and easier to produce, not as loud, and easier to fuel. Raw power isn't always the most practical solution. Still, such power is appealing to acquire.

How fast are you looking to rotate this? One thing you could do to help this project along is to come up with a desired rotation rate in revolutions per second so that people could suggest a good way to proceed.
As a starting point, I would say that anywhere from 2000 to 3000 RPM is enough (edit: even better is a RPM that can be controlled with a dial or such). One important factor is that the RPM rate has to be either accelerating or decelerating through the spin phase, if it remains the same from one minute to the next (a linear rate) then this is problematic. A combustion engine would provide the best burst I can think of, then letting the RPM come to a halt on its own due to friction (this gives an exponential function when the RPM is recorded into a mathematical graph). An electrical engine would take longer to pick up the RPM, though this system has its advantages for above stated reasons.

One think to keep in mind is how complex is the system, how difficult is it to prepare, and how expensive is it. The more complex and difficult it is to prepare, the more expensive it will be. Budgets have a way of setting limits of their own.

Last edited:

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
I do not believe it can be rotated very fast before the persistence of vision effect kicks in and you get a blur.

I'm still trying to think of what in electronics could be presented in a spiral...

--Rich
Blurring is not a problem. Also, spirals can be found all about, we live in a spiral universe, use spiral copper coils to generate electricity, they're in our computers, DNA, Gluons...I could produce a very long list if I wanted to. Someone once said to me "you've got spirals in your head" as a joke, to which I answered "naturally, have you ever picked up a biology textbook?"

This being said, overusing the word spiral can be misleading. A much better substitute, which is also technically better to use, is ATTRACTORS. Attractors automatically include spirals within them, and understanding attractors and attractions is far more useful for helping one to consider and understand the geometrical dynamics of nature, where we find attractions at work in everything.

Edit: This isn't to say anyone here has over used the word Spiral, nor is it to say that the word Spiral can always be replaced by the word Attractor. Sometimes one is more appropriate then another.

Last edited:

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
I suspect that the failure of the cooling fan has a less sinister explanation than you may imagine. Cooling fans are designed to use a fraction of the moving air generated by the fan blades to keep the motor cool during operation. By removing the blades and replacing them with a disc, the fan motor was no longer being supplied this cooliing air and in time it overheated and failed.

Another function of the fan blades is to lightly load the motor so that it operates at its optimal efficiency. The spinning disc removed that optimum load and thus allowed the motor to turn at a faster RPM than that for which it was designed. In time this too would accelerate the motor's failure.

hgmjr
I appreciate your commenting on this, thank you!

Whereas I didn't fully consider the first possibility as you bring this to my attention, I did consider the second. I only thought of the first briefly, considering it to be unlikely the cause. This may have been an oversight on my behalf.

The second consideration seems more plausible, as the motor did wobble and jiggle, a sign that it was not weighted properly. This combined with the first consideration, may have overstressed the system, leading to systematic failure of the engine.

This leaves me with two questions; first...can I fix the fan...or should I simply toss it? The second question is do you think it is possible to convert such a motor for this purpose, given that it will have a disc in place of the rotor, or should I consider an alternative, and if so, can you think of a good place to start?

Best Regards,
Jozen-Bo

davebee

Joined Oct 22, 2008
Here's a suggestion. There is a little motorized tool called a Dremel which might be a good thing to try for this project for several reasons:

1. It is readily available at hobby stores for not a lot of money
2. it has an adjustable speed motor that can vary over quite a large range
3. it has its own internal cooling fan
4. One end of the motor shaft is designed for mounting accessories.
5. it is designed to mount in a holder that can bolt to a bench (which you have to buy separately)

One of the Dremel accessories is a tool that can have a circular plate bolted to it. You could glue or paint your pattern onto a plate for the Dremel to rotate.

The Dremel is not very high powered, so it probably can't rotate very large patterns, but it would get you much faster rotation than a house fan for smaller patterns.

I don't know the duty cycle of the Dremel. It may be designed to only run for a few minutes at a time before being shut off and allowed to cool - that is something the owners manual should tell you.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Is this a question about how to spin a disc?

If so, it would act like a flywheel, once at speed, wouldn't need additional power from the motor. Only changing speeds would require more motor power. A different disc would need to be created/mounted for a different dataset.

A computer animated disc could spin at 75 RPM "True", but with the right code, faster virtual rates could be obtained. Even using a CRT, and rotating the display through yoke control/layout wouldn't increase the refresh/effective rotation rate.

A projection setup would allow for rotating the display at arbitrary speeds through spinning mirrors/prisms with a fixed projection image from an LCD. Costs for this are also very high, as most equipment is set up for rotation of a single laser beam, rather than a 2D image.

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
Or, instead of a Dremel tool, how about a variable-speed electric hand drill with a sanding disk attachment?

I also thought of perhaps taking a number of still pictures while rotating the drawing, and playing the pictures taken in a continuous loop at varying speeds.

Finally, thatoneguy's mention od 75 RPM brough to mind another device, which may or may not be available: a record player! Used to be they were available with fixed speeds of 16, 32, 45, and 72 RPM.

--Rich

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
I wanted to thank everyone who took their time to provide useful ideas and advice! At this moment many of these ideas will have to be put on hold until I can secure financing them. Given that I moved and left my last job (which wasn't working out...they forgot to pay me!) and that were I am currently it is difficult to find work, I cannot know how long it will be before I have the funds for some of these ideas.

In the meantime I've been setting up an elaborate experiment, it has taking a while to prepare and I am almost ready to begin. For myself this is very exciting. I am using a wheel, though it has no motor. It ought to spin about 10-20 minutes from a single thrust of the hand, enough to do what I need it to.

I am not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but using anything that has a consistent speed rate is highly undesirable, so long as the RPM is either gradually increasing or decreasing this is OK. For this reason using a simple wheel with no motor works, because the RPM will decrease until it reaches zero. I won't be able to obtain rapid RPM rates with it, at best perhaps 100 RPM (if I can muster that much strength...more likely around 70-80), but I believe it is still enough to provide some sort of observable effects...given time. I will have to patiently wait until I can manage to begin considering these other ideas.

Thanks again, and if anyone else has any useful ideas or thoughts my ears are open!

Jozen-Bo

Joined Mar 17, 2009
Interesting, mechanical snake oil.
I remember your device from your posts on other forums ages ago. Fun read all in all. :rolleyes:
http://forum.mind-energy.net/developing-psi-abilities/325-incredible-mind-portal.html

Yeah, that is a fairly wild read. Considering the nature of this work, I consider a broad range of possible avenues to investigate, ranging from the technical to the paranormal. That is my prerogative, no one on earth really knows the full picture...regardless of how confident or informed one thinks they are. Many places specialize and many of the specialists tend to look at the world through their highly developed lens, given them unique insights and knowledge about the world. Humbling myself, I look into the perspective views of many branches, how can one effectively disprove the value of another, this comes down to personal and individual decisions.

Needless to say I have many views about reality that are not entrenched in science, and at the same time I share many views that are. This basically sums up nearly everyone on earth as well, I don't know a single person who is 100% objective...and how many believe in such as God, life after death, and such views that naturally come with most religious branches. To keep my mind organized I identify and separate my views into groups, and some of my conducts strive for gathering intellectual data using scientific methods having nothing to do with views of mine that are unscientific, while some of my conducts are to the contrary.

Seeing a smilie with rolling eyes, I am left with the impression that the link you provide is an attempt to discredit me and steer attention away. If I am wrong I apologize. There isn't really much attention to divert in the first place...only a tiny fraction. Given that I collect proof, which I am in the act of doing, that may change. So or so I am not too concerned, I enjoy the pursuit of knowledge in its many forms and I'll learn one way or another from the work I am involved in.

Since you were at it, you missed about...105 other forums where I chop up the various studies and search for possible connections. Some of these threads turned up very little, some of them I went overboard in, some got utterly weird as I explore different approaches of presenting this work, a learning process in itself. I am not embarrassed by any of them, altogether they add up in clearly displaying a sincere effort to gather awareness and prod to see if and how this work can be developed to the benefit of humanity. My intentions are good and pure, my focus fixed, and I remain open to the thoughts and ideas of others (carefully considering what anyone says and evaluating), thus I live a rewarding life.

If I am correct, the term mechanical snake oil is lingo for nonsense or something in that ballpark. Then you have expressed your opinion and perspective, which is directed at derailing this thread. If you or anyone takes time to read it through, you'll find that I keep the focus fixed, as I asked in the opening. The focus of this thread is the possible electronic applications, I will disregard any thing that strays from that focus and seek to steer the thread back in right direction.

Since your post does nothing to develop this thread and provides a link that digresses from the original focus, I'll ask that you either leave it at that, you've adequately expressed yourself and would likely only be reiterating the same message (repeating yourself) if you built on it...or that you point and aim any further replies with careful consideration.

I am not here to debate, argue, philosophize, arbitrate, defend or attack, or otherwise engage in such forms of dailogue that most often end in futility. So let us avoid such dailogue altogether if at all possible, remain civil and respectful of other people's freedoms, even if we do not see eye to eye or think about and perceive our own existence in the same way. I'm not cookie cut and neither are you.

With all that said my intention of this thread is that in time it may develop much further then now in its early opening phase. I am patient, and have no plans of abandoning this thread or my ideas to experiment with wheels sporting electronic devices or modifications to investigate applications. I am moving a step at a time using my own limited resources, and it has brought me to a point where I may develop something to build on. Only time will tell; speculating, guessing, discerning, and the likes provide no results, no knowledge based in performing the work and verification, so they serve little purpose...though a little is still some.

I look forward to the time when I can return and examine what is already here much closer as I begin applying electronics of many sorts, I have many ideas sacked away already as it is, and they are exciting for myself to ponder. Until that time arrives I'll be around and I am always open to discussing any ideas or thoughts that remain on topic within this thread.

I feel like smiling! :)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Now that's funny, I clicked on the link and it took me a moment to realize I wasn't in Kansas anymore, the color scheme and forum software is identical.

ESP doesn't really belong anywhere except off topic on this site, though asking how to move a wheel is legit. For precision control I'd go with a stepping motor (possibly geared).

Over 10-15 years ago Nova came out with a show called "The case for ESP". There are some experiments I'd like to replicate sometime involving a very low source of radiation and a simple sensor for the radiation. I'm not a believer, but I do think experimentation (real, honest, documentable experimentation) is good.