The Free Energy Goons Are At It Again...

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
If I understand right what hes doing, then he must not realize that hes just using the potential magnetic energy to perpetuate that thing. I guess he invented a magnetic to mechanical to magnetic to electrical energy converter?

By the way, I find the post by the Electrical Engineer at the bottom cute. I suppose he skipped a few physics classes?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
In my own home-town... How shameful... I have to move now...:(

http://pesn.com/2007/03/24/9500464_BillMahess_pendulum_clock_generator/

He's able to run a thirty day clock for a whopping 21 days because a bank of little caps has less "leakage rate" than one super-cap. :confused:
Look how technical it looks! :D

If they have stumbed across "some new energy source yet to be appreciated by modern physics" then get it published - if you are correct you will go down in history along side Newton and Einstein as one of the greatest scientists ever. Oh I see, they are waiting for this innovation to make them some money :rolleyes:

Dave

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
We might suggest to them that if they can manage to convince motorists to mount magnets on their cars, then they can place coils along the roadside and have passing trafic generate "free" energy as it passes.

Have to be impressed by the capacitor cascade (not to mention the really tidy wiring). The thing that would really be impressive is finding the capacitors are old phenolic body-end-dot micas salvaged from Muntz (the Madman) tv's.

The sheer glory of it all - a 1 Hz generator putting out 1 milliwat!

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
This brings to mind that poster that was convinced that there was a source on free energy in an RC network.

Does anybody remember this memorable thread?

hgmjr

Sparky

Joined Aug 1, 2005
hgmjr -

The historic thread you posted reminds me when you pointed at a network of passives and said the gain is 4.

My knee-jerk reaction was disbelief ("4 - ?!?!") until you mentioned resonance. Your network had L's and C's.

Sparky

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Now I'm waiting for a coil-and-magnet in the handle of a toothbrush to generate free energy to power your shaver. Wow, magnets on the turbine blade tips to generate free energy for the cabin lights! Flywheel doorknobs for household power! It's just endless! Peizo pads under fruit trees to harness the energy of falling overripe fruit! Rooftop turbines to replace your alternator!

Well, time for my meds. Bye.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Now I'm waiting for a coil-and-magnet in the handle of a toothbrush to generate free energy to power your shaver. Wow, magnets on the turbine blade tips to generate free energy for the cabin lights! Flywheel doorknobs for household power! It's just endless! Peizo pads under fruit trees to harness the energy of falling overripe fruit! Rooftop turbines to replace your alternator!

Well, time for my meds. Bye.
Can I join in?!

Magnets on the blades of my bathroom extracter fan to power the extracter fan, which generates power for the extracter fan, which generates power for the extracter fan, which generates power for the extracter fan..... :confused: :eek:

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
You guys are kill'in me. LMAO.....

hgmjr
Join in! :D

Surely there are rotating objects in your house that you can attach a magnet to in order to get "free energy". Truely, I would love to slash a couple of hundred pound off my energy bill and hence reduce my payments to Her Majesty's Government.

Am I being synical or is this just another conspiracy?

Dave

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It just came to me - piezo elements in zippers for powering cell phones. Urinal turbines to power the automatic flush, with trap turbines to run the lights!

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
We could use our computer's cooling fan to power our computer! We could use our convection oven's fan to power our convection oven... once we figure out how to convert electricity to gas. We could tap into those magnets golfers wear on their wrists and use them to power the golf carts! We could use cieling fans to power, um, well, cieling fans! Doorknobs could power electric locks!

We could even make Frisbees that glow in the dark!!

Speaking of which... I dug a little more on our local "inventor." He's also got a device that defies gravity by "reducing weight." :rolleyes: Seems he noticed that a magnet got "lighter" when placed above another magnet, and the magnet underneath got "heavier." and then started "experimenting" for a few hours. His device is even radio controlled!! How can anyone argue with a radio controlled device? http://www.americanantigravity.com/documents/Bill-Mehess-Interview.pdf

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Thanks, thingmaker3 for that link.

I read the article and all I can say is that is 15 minutes spent that I will never get back.

The most interesting part of the article was the photo of the invention sitting on the electronic scales. What are the odds that the scale was not that well protected against the EMI thus rendering the experiment totally bo-o-ogus as Frick n' Frack the tappit brothers would say.

The reason that this guy has not been debunked is that no serious scientist would wants to be associated with this stuff. Just the fact that a scientist would take the time to investigate the invention would empower this guy and feed his ego.

hgmjr

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Speaking of which... I dug a little more on our local "inventor." He's also got a device that defies gravity by "reducing weight." :rolleyes:
What!! :eek: How does he propose you "reduce weight"? Is it a "mass-altering" exercise?

I will need to set some time aside to read this article, but by looking at hgmjr's comments I'm not sure I should.

Dave

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Back in the 1970's there was an "inventor" named Dean, who was working on the "Dean Drive". It was a Rube Goldberg (or Heath Robinbson) lashup of the level you see in perpetual motion machines. It spun a frame with an included mass and latching solenoid. The thing somehow caught the mass near the axle during part of the rotation, and released it such that it apparantly showed a decrease in weight. It looked impressive, as the machining was excellent. Probably soaked some money out of a few "investors".

kender

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Jokes aside, there are 2 hot areas of research right now:

- Harvesting power from the radio station. This is related to sensor networks.

- Harvesting power from vibration. This is usually viewed in the context of an aircraft. There will a myriad of sensors in the airframe that will monitor it's structural health.